Season 415: Giving (via cell phone)

This is my first time uploading a single take. No multi-tracking. No camera tricks to hide the flubs. Super scary, but fun to concentrate on the music and not the technology. This is a good first step to my goal of getting up at an open mic. It still needs work, but I think I'm at a point where I can workshop it with the right folks.
I got talked into it and played this at a Uke group open mic yesterday. Yay for friendly and accepting audiences.

Between nerves and excessive page turning (I used a page turning pedal for the recording) I had a few stops and flubs, and I semi-deliberately dropped or simplified a few chords, but overall it was a success. Responses ranged from "You just rick-rolled us!" to "Was that an original composition?" :)

Thanks for the push to learn the song straight through!

Season 414 is done and dusted.

Thanks to all who brought something along.

But special thanks to those who had a go at option one.

I was after the unadorned immediacy of the mobile phone bring. Sort of an open mic without the mic. Kinda like sitting around in a song circle and playing songs for each other. Easy for those who record this way all the time. More difficult for those who don't.

I'm going with this one as my fav for so many reasons...

Sing along!

PM me your snail mail address Rick and I will send you a little Aussie package.

Last edited:
thanks a bunch for the fun season. Was quite challenging for me due to the technical problems, but also due to my mental stuff and brushing off the cobwebs from my uke. Was a very fulfilling season for me.

Top Bottom