Would like suggestions for strings for arthritic fingers

CYN

Reaction score
I have used Worth Browns and they are thin and easy to push down with arthritic fingers. However, I would like a variety so does anyone have any other suggestions. I already have a low action on my ukes.
Thanks.

Consider Worth Clear for a slightly brighter sound.

KoAloha told me their strings are lower tension than Worth strings. Just a thought

I find D'Dadarrio Titanium to be easiest on my arthritic fingers.

I would also suggest Living Waters. I found them to easier to play than Worth Browns.

I have arthritic fingers as well, and really like the feel of Living Waters strings. You might also want to consider PhD strings. I recently put them on two of my ukes and was very pleasantly surprised at both the sound and their comfortability.

Jan D.

I like light strings and my favorites are Martin and Oasis fluorocarbons.

My favorite tenor strings are Living Waters Low-G or re-entrant fluorocarbons. I also like Fremont Blackline fluorocarbons. I think they are bendier than other fluorocarbons. Easier on my fingers than another favorite: Medium Worth Browns. Much easier on them than both Martin fluorocarbons 600s or 620s.

My arthritis isn't too bad yet. But it is progressing. The Blackline strings are easier on the fingers, but being easy to bend means they stretch, and you do have to tune them frequently. Equally important are the frets wires on the ukulele, they need to be level, is the fretboard radiused, the width and shape of the neck, and having a low setup for easy action. Because, all of that determines how much pressure on the strings is required to make a clean chord—especially a barre chord on the 1st or 2nd fret.

I think the setup is first and foremost of importance with the strings second.

Last edited:
Living Water - but any fluorocarbons should be easy on your fingers, & if it's a tenor, try using concert strings, they are what I use on all my tenor scales.

I would also suggest Living Waters. I found them to easier to play than Worth Browns.

:agree: Living Water strings have a nice soft feel...

I've always thought that Aquila reds were very comfortable. They are made by increasing the mass of the string so you get a lower tension/thinner string for the same pitch. Also, they have a different surface texture that I always thought felt almost plush.

I second Fremont Blacklines.

Another vote for Living Water, as well as making sure that the ukulele is set up well.

Top Bottom