NUD: Beau Hannam 19" Selmer Grand Tenor

flailingfingers

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
OK. NUD for me. Found it on UKULELE FRIEND. It is gorgeous beyond my words. I'll try though: it is beautiful beyond real. It has a sound so so good I do not want to put it down. Sustain forever. The action is silk...so easy and light.
I really am stunned.

I will defer to the UKULELE FRIEND posting with Kimo Hussey playing it and commenting:

http://ukulelefriend.com/ukes/hannam-ukulele/

Guess this is the lazy way of showing a NUD but I can't do this uke justice by myself.

Just Flailing

Last edited:
Hoo boy! That is one stunning ukulele ... in both looks and sound. Congratulations!

Jan D.

Yes. Low Bb it is. Seems that's where it wants to be. I played it in C...not as rich to my ears. I can always capo the second fret and play in C when I'm with other folks. It works easily that way with the 19" scale.

Wow, beautiful.
Ukulele Friend is a fun site to drool over. Many amazing, (high end), ukuleles.
It looks like you got yourself something very special. Enjoy!

Wow such a beauty. Enjoy, enjoy. Happy strumming. :)

Holy cow....I had to stop looking at it. My T shirt was all wet from my drooling....congrats!
:drool:

How do you like the 19" scale?

It is an absolutely wonderful looking instrument. And if the video is any indication, a wonderful sounding tenor as well.

So far the 19" is nice. I'm getting used to it quickly. Sure gives a beautiful sound. The reach is not a problem as I have large hands. I used to play guitar so that may be a help. It all seems very normal to me.
PS- the video is definitely an indication!

Wow, so glad to hear that someone from UU picked this one up. Judging from the sound sample and from the instrument Beau Hannam built for my wife, this must be tha bomb. Congratulations on a great score!

Wow, so glad to hear that someone from UU picked this one up. Judging from the sound sample and from the instrument Beau Hannam built for my wife, this must be tha bomb. Congratulations on a great score!
Thanks for all the congrats but the kudos really go to Beau. If you are considering a custom instrument, you should start (and most likely end) with Beau Hannam. Not only a great luthier but a nice guy. Funny too. I really like that. The light touch.

I'm so glad that you are enjoying that wonderful instrument. I agree that Beau is a joy to work with and makes a wonderful instrument. I hope that it brings you many years of smiles.

Top Bottom