HMS used site

I wasn't aware of this site...and this could be dangerous. LOL.

I don’t like the Reverb site. They charge state tax. I wish I can still buy used instruments from their own site.

Well, that was my secret go to place but now everybody knows. They are really great. Responsive and took a return with no problem.

One of the things I like about HMS is their setup. I wonder if the used are setup by them or if it can be requested? Well I’m safe for now. Since I injured my arm last fall/winter I’m on a moratorium from any purchases until I know I can play comfortably again.

One of the things I like about HMS is their setup. I wonder if the used are setup by them or if it can be requested? Well I’m safe for now. Since I injured my arm last fall/winter I’m on a moratorium from any purchases until I know I can play comfortably again.

I thought it said that full set-up would be an additional $50.

I thought it said that full set-up would be an additional $50.

Yes, some of them seem to say that. Some also have shop wear, which they offer to buff out for $30.00. But, the ones that were shop demos, I'd assume they already went through their setup process, but you know what happens when you Ass U Me

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad to see setup as a possibility.

Yes, some of them seem to say that. Some also have shop wear, which they offer to buff out for $30.00. But, the ones that were shop demos, I'd assume they already went through their setup process, but you know what happens when you Ass U Me

I live around the corner from HMS and have enjoyed playing many models hanging on the wall in their shop. I didn't ask but my impression is that most of these instruments are displayed as they shipped to HMS. The setup comes at the customer's request. And that makes perfect sense since an elderly beginner may want the action set to 2.25mm whereas a pro might want 3.25mm so they can push dynamics to the max. I bought a half dozen instruments there in the last 18 months and they'll usually do simple nut and saddle adjustments or add a strap button while you wait on the day of the sale. More extensive adjustments or installations require leaving the instruments for a few days or longer.

Top Bottom