Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concert Flea top, slightly dished...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    The Magic Fluke store is in Sheffield, maybe you've heard of that town.
    Yes indeed . The UK Sheffield is not so far from me. Sadly no Magic Flukes made there yet....

You will need to quantify the amount of dish... 1mm, 2mm, etc. A little is not bad. An important aspect of this is that the bridge is still straight. In my opinion if the action has not gotten higher, I wouldn’t worry about it. If you really want to straighten it out any quality luthier can add a brace; you dan’t have to send it back to the mfg. But be aware that you might like the looks of flat top more than how it sounds with the added brace.

Here is some info from a few people I would trust...

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...bulge-sink-top

John

Quote Originally Posted by 70sSanO View Post
    You will need to quantify the amount of dish... 1mm, 2mm, etc. A little is not bad. An important aspect of this is that the bridge is still straight. In my opinion if the action has not gotten higher, I wouldn’t worry about it. If you really want to straighten it out any quality luthier can add a brace; you dan’t have to send it back to the mfg. But be aware that you might like the looks of flat top more than how it sounds with the added brace.

Here is some info from a few people I would trust...

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...bulge-sink-top

John
    Not sure of the exact measurement. Good point about adding extra bracing though. I will leave as is for the time being. Like I say, I was mostly interested to see if other Flea owners had ever had this happen to their uke. Mine plays fine still, but thanks for your interesting replies folks.

With high tension strings my Fluke dishes a bit. Not a lot but visibly. Doesn't fuss me, still sounds and plays great. It's the sign of a light build, which is probably one of the reasons it sounds great!

Thread Information