Enya Nova upcoming improvements

spindock

Reaction score
Yesterday I sent an inquiry to Enya asking about when they would offer the Nova U with fret markers on the side of the neck, and with a case that has straps for wearing it like a backpack. Here's the response I received:

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for contacting us!

Those are exactly the features we will improve on the next upgraded model of the Nova U. The estimated launching time is middle March.

Please let us know any other information you may need.

Best,

Eric
Enya Music

That is good news, and nice to see that they have been listening to suggestions. Of course the next nice step would be to hear that they have figured out a way to increase the durability of their frets.

I'm with Besley - the bigger issue for me are the reports on wearing frets. I can live without straps on a bag, less so on worn frets.

Good news! When I asked Enya about the fret wear issue I got this response:

We have been aware of the wear issue, and we will make the upgrade to the next model. The current frets are made of carbon fiber composite which has less hardness than regular metal frets. New fret material will be applied to avoid the wear issue.

Good news! When I asked Enya about the fret wear issue I got this response:

We have been aware of the wear issue, and we will make the upgrade to the next model. The current frets are made of carbon fiber composite which has less hardness than regular metal frets. New fret material will be applied to avoid the wear issue.

I have till the end of February to return my Enya to Amazon, but I wonder what I would have to pay for a new concert. Amazon lists only the tenor now, for $75.

Top Bottom