Bonjour from the French speaking part of Switzerland ...

Jetaime

Reaction score
Bonjour from the French speaking part of Switzerland! Hello everyone... This seems like a very positive space.

About my journey: My first ukulele (a KoAloha soprano) came my way in early 2011, when I first traveled to beautiful Hawaii. It brought me much happiness and I fell in love with the instrument. The first song I learnt to strum was 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' by Iz.

One year later, I owned another KoAloha... this time, a concert. This is I think, my favourite to play, especially when finger picking. Music such as Francisco Tarrega's 'Etude in E minor' sound so soulful!

Something different from my koa ukuleles is my Anuenue Moonbird tenor, which I enjoy with my Yamaha THR5A amplifier. It brings me much pleasure, as I'm sure it does for everyone in this forum since we all love ukulele music. It is a joy that is truly a balm for the soul.

Thank you for taking precious time to read this. This girl is very happy to be a part of this musical community, and cannot wait to learn from you.

Welcome! Wow, you have some great ukes!

We spent a week in Geneva a few years back, had great fun, even though it was mid February. Would love to go back in summer and take those same train rides up into the mountains to Gruyere and Jungfrau, might even see a cow or two then! :D

Last edited:
Bienvenue, Jetaime!

Welcome to the forum. I also have a THR5a amp that I enjoy noodling around with in the evening.

Andy

Thank you for the warm welcome! Lovely to hear from you. Yes, I love how technology makes it possible to open doors but I enjoy variety; there's still nothing quite like the musical tone of koa wood!

Yes I only have 3 ukuleles of different sizes and tunes, but to be completely honest, there have been others over the years but they were not lovers. I probably have gifted over a dozen in my travels, to children, and friends around the world.

X

Bonjour et bienvenue from an ukulele enthusiast in the German speaking part of Switzerland, glad to see another Swiss member on the forum here!

Bonjour et bienvenue from an ukulele enthusiast in the German speaking part of Switzerland, glad to see another Swiss member on the forum here!

Danker, Rakelele! Just want to say that I have always enjoyed your sharing of NAMM every year, along with your keen knowledge on ukuleles.

Danke, Rakelele! Just want to say that I have always enjoyed your sharing of NAMM every year, along with your keen knowledge on ukuleles.

Merci beaucoup, so nice of you to notice! Should you ever happen to be in the Zürich area, we could get together for a jam session.

Bonjour et bienvenue, Jetaime. Your username is interesting. How did you choose it?

Merci beaucoup, so nice of you to notice! Should you ever happen to be in the Zürich area, we could get together for a jam session.

Yes, absolutely! That would be so lovely but it will have to wait as I am currently pregnant... but that hasn't stopped my playing, although it's quite funny how the belly makes holding and supporting the instrument quite different! The baby seems to love ukulele music though, so all is good ❤

Bienvenue! Nice little collection that you have! From a french speaking Belgian living in Austria.

Top Bottom