Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High and Low g guys.

Our coffeehouse is too crowded; an extra uke won't fit!

Part of the adventure is selecting one uke and making the most of it no matter what songs turn up. You might learn something new about that uke and how to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by acmespaceship View Post
    Our coffeehouse is too crowded; an extra uke won't fit!
    I have a similar situation when we meet in a small cafe once a month. I bring just one uke and leave the case in the car.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

The preferred uke for our group is low G, but both are welcome. I haven’t seen anyone bring a high and low G.
    Kinnard Tenor, Kamaka HF-3, Jonathan Mann SEU-T, Kala's TEM/SRT-CTG-E, Cordoba 20TM, Risa Stick Tenor, Outdoor Tenor

I don't take either!
    Corsham Ukulele Jam is at Pound Arts in Corsham, Wiltshire (UK) on the 1st Friday of every month.

I always bring one of each. I occasionally lend one out if someone is visiting and does not have a uke, or if someone discovers their case is empty.

Also, we have a few open mic slots during our jams, so Iíll need one or the other, if and when, depending on what tune I end up playing.

Edit: spelling and grammar

Wouldn't be much point in our group. You can only hear yourself or your immediate neighbors playing anyway. The group is so big we take over the central area of a large mall and the leaders have to use a PA system lol.

I only play high G and bring one uke. If I wanted to play linear tuning, I'd go back to playing guitar, but I like the sound of high G much better and gave my guitars to my nephew once I started playing uke..

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelrie View Post
    Wouldn't be much point in our group. You can only hear yourself or your immediate neighbors playing anyway. The group is so big we take over the central area of a large mall and the leaders have to use a PA system lol.
    I have double neck, high & low strings. The thing with me is I can hear the same tune in BOTH for my enjoyment of the song while playing going back and forth, this is my fun with playing in group. Yes try the two strings in your group, more fun for you as you & I progress in our playing. Have fun

Thread Information