Reply from Enya Re. Fret Wear

VintageGibson

Reaction score
'Morning all,

I contacted them yesterday.
Here's the reply I got this morning from Enya.

"Thank you very much for contacting us and providing the feedback!

We have been aware of the wear issue, and we will make the upgrade to the next model. The current frets are made of carbon fiber composite which has less hardness than regular metal frets. New fret material will be applied to avoid the wear issue.

Your uke is under the Enya warranty, please let us know anytime you feel the uke is unplayable, and we will be more than happy to provide further assistance."

Vintage

I feel quite confident that they try to really address the issue. I am glad that you decided to contact them as well after all.

I wonder why they didn't mention an ETA in the response you received this morning. Perhaps it shows that there are some things they need to iron out. Then again, from a different thread I took away that Enya is also trying to add side position markers and (a) shoulder strap(s) on the case.

For future reference I have copied the reply I got from Enya on 17 January 2020:

"Thank you very much for contacting us!

We are truly sorry to hear about the fret wear issue. We are currently working on improving the material to increase the hardness of the frets to avoid the wear issue. It will take about 2 months to have the upgraded model ready, and we will be more than happy to ship it to you once available.

Meanwhile, please let us know anytime if the fret wear issue causes any playing troubles (like fret buzz), we will provide you a current model as a replacement.

Please let us know how we can better assist."

That's good to know. I suspect I'm going to return my Enya to Amazon before the return time expires. It might not have fret wear, but if a better model becomes available, I'll get that. I got mine at $20 off list price, though, so I'll have to consider that. I'll also have to consider resale value: original vs improved.

Top Bottom