Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brüko Walnut Soprano - REVIEW

Default Brüko Walnut Soprano - REVIEW

Always had a soft spot for Brüko ukuleles!

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/02/...o-ukulele.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Thanks for another great review! Regarding strings - I like D'Addario Titanium on my Brueko 2.
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Zither Heaven, First Act

Nice review. I’d like to hear a video with different strings and also, have you play your model 6, side by side. Just curious the difference in sound. I do like the arched back!

Great looking woods. Agree totally with better friction tuner from the basic. I’d put UPT’s on the Uke if it were mine. Pegheds also really helped my fluke tenor once I ditched the poor friction tuners that came with it!

Don't own the Model 6 any more i'm afraid!

I like UPTs but can live with Grover 4 or 6 series - I think they are great.

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

To me, it's a boring looking, over-priced ukulele with cheap tuners. But then -- each to their own taste & no offense intended.

You can always debate about looks. The Brukos are very traditional looking with not a lot of decoration. Personally, I find the stripy woodgrain beautiful. I like them.

But to call this uke overpriced? That is nonsense. A European hand-made solid wood instrument under 300€. You can barely get a Chinese made solid wood Kala with that price.

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    To me, it's a boring looking, over-priced ukulele with cheap tuners. But then -- each to their own taste & no offense intended.
    Looks are subjective of course, and the tuners ARE cheap.

But 'over-priced' - what? For a small workshop built ukulele with this level of precise finishing, that is NOT made in China? I'd beg to differ!

Nice review...makes me want to check out the Bruko! As for Bruko tenors being the size of concerts and having 12 frets to the body...the same thing goes for the Romanian made Hora tenor, also a pretty good ukulele.

I hear that - must check one out.

Big fan of Hubert's work with Bruko though!

I actually ordered the Brüko classic soprano because of this review. It didn't cost nearly as much as the one reviewed here but it's not like I needed another soprano. Thanks Baz...

Last edited by Dohle; 02-07-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Thread Information