Brüko Walnut Soprano - REVIEW

I bought a walnut soprano because of your review. Brüko should have you on commission. Or at least send you a lovely thank you note!

Ah thanks - no need though - happy to just recommend a good brand. They deserve it!

Great review, as always, Barry. I have two Brüko ukes, a zebra wood flat soprano with a rounded back and a standard #6 soprano. Both are excellent instruments, and I find myself playing them more than my Kamaka, Koaloha, or National ukes. If any of you are planning to travel in Germany, especially along the Romantic Road, email the Pfeiffers and try to arrange a visit. My wife, our friends, and I visited the factory in 2015 (it’s really more of a large workshop than a factory). The Pfeiffers were extremely hospitable and happily showed us around the shop (Herr Pfeiffer is especially proud of his tonewood collection). I told them in advance that I hoped to buy a soprano during the visit, and they spread at least a dozen sopranos of various tone wood combinations on a table for me to try out. I liked the zebrano best, much to my surprise, and purchased it, but regretted not having purchased a standard #6 at the same time. I ordered one from them several months later. Their English was quite bit better than my German, but there was a bit of a language barrier. Nevertheless, it was a delightful visit and well worth a special trip.

Last edited:
Great review, as always, Barry. I have two Brüko ukes, a zebra wood flat soprano with a rounded back and a standard #6 soprano. Both are excellent instruments, and I find myself playing them more than my Kamaka, Koaloha, or National ukes. If any of you are planning to travel in Germany, especially along the Romantic Road, email the Pfeiffers and try to arrange a visit. My wife, our friends, and I visited the factory in 2015 (it’s really more of a large workshop than a factory). The Pfeiffers were extremely hospitable and happily showed us around the shop (Herr Pfeiffer is especially proud of his tonewood collection). I told them in advance that I hoped to buy a soprano during the visit, and they spread at least a dozen sopranos of various tone wood combinations on a table for me to try out. I liked the zebrano best, much to my surprise, and purchased it, but regretted not having purchased a standard #6 at the same time. I ordered one from them several months later. Their English was quite bit better than my German, but there was a bit of a language barrier. Nevertheless, it was a delightful visit and well worth a special trip.

Thanks SO much for that Ruben - was talking to my wife only last night about a possible holiday with daughter through Germany - and Brüko would be a must visit!

Do it, do, it, do it! By the way, I finally received the Fender Alternate Reality Tenor Telecaster that I ordered from Elderly Instruments last April. I’m not much of a guitarist and am new to the tenor, but it’s a really cool instrument. I hope you get a chance to try one out. They seem to be extremely scarce.

Top Bottom