Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KoAloha Silver Series at HMS... maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Is that the new tenor design? The bridge doesn't seem to be very low.

I'm surprised it doesn't have "25th Anniversary" or something similar written on it.
    Yes, 14 frets to body is the giveaway.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    They listed three Silver Series today. One of the two sopranos and the tenor are already sold. The soprano appears to be priced about $250 more than the "standard" gloss soprano.

Tenor uke #002 also sold at Uke Republic.
    It's got to tough deciding how to distribute them worldwide, considering there will be only 500. Did someone say that Mim sold #1?
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

It's got to tough deciding how to distribute them worldwide, considering there will be only 500. Did someone say that Mim sold #1?
    I know she sold Concert #001. I think that each of the sizes gets it's own numbering, so there should be three #001's; a soprano, a concert, and a tenor.
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    I know she sold Concert #001. I think that each of the sizes gets it's own numbering, so there should be three #001's; a soprano, a concert, and a tenor.
    That sounds right.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Mim also sold soprano #001.

Is that the new tenor design? The bridge doesn't seem to be very low.

I'm surprised it doesn't have "25th Anniversary" or something similar written on it.
    It has an ebony faceplate, more select Koa, and a silver label.

Maybe it is the picture, but the 3 I sold were super low! They played very slick!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Yeah I had soprano 001, and concert 001. But I missed out on Tenor 001. Which is fine! Haha.

I have 4 coming in soon, but they alas go down my "list" first. (It isnt a pre-order list, because I hate taking peoples money before the product is available, but it is more of an 'interested' list. But if they do not end up being claimed by someone they will end up on my site.
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

On my visits to various Honolulu and Waikiki uke stores I made it a point to seek out the Silver models and had opportunity to try one of each size and compare to the regular models. They sure look great. The tenor was my favourite and it comes with a low G by default. They sure are getting closer to Kamaka and Kanile'a with this edition. The Soprano and Concert also look great but as soon as I held them I noticed the headstock pulling down due to the weight of the tuners. I am sure that the imbalance could be fixed with Gotoh planetary tuners as they are now also installed on the small Kamaka models. It is not surprising that they sell fast despite the premium price.

Thread Information