KoAloha Silver Series at HMS... maybe

rainbow21

UU VIP
Reaction score
They listed three Silver Series today. One of the two sopranos and the tenor are already sold. The soprano appears to be priced about $250 more than the "standard" gloss soprano.

Tenor uke #002 also sold at Uke Republic.

Last edited:
Yeah that is a beauty! And the sound sample was very inspiring. I like that Dm chord Corey uses at about 1:19 using his thumb to cover the 2nd fret G string and pinky on the 5th fret A string- a serious stretch for my hands.

Last edited:
Nice instruments. I wish it had friction tuners.

Concert #001 was sold by Mim... to me!

NUD post incoming.

Really well done! That tenor sound sample was sweet. It's just a personal preference, but I much prefer the way Ebony looks and feels vs. other fretboards. Definitely don't need, nor can I afford another uke, but this is really tempting. Guessing these will maintain their value pretty well too ~

Really well done! That tenor sound sample was sweet. It's just a personal preference, but I much prefer the way Ebony looks and feels vs. other fretboards. Definitely don't need, nor can I afford another uke, but this is really tempting. Guessing these will maintain their value pretty well too ~

All the new tenors have ebony fretboards, not just the Silver Series

They listed three Silver Series today. One of the two sopranos and the tenor are already sold. The soprano appears to be priced about $250 more than the "standard" gloss soprano.

Is that the new tenor design? The bridge doesn't seem to be very low.

I'm surprised it doesn't have "25th Anniversary" or something similar written on it.

Last edited:

It's got to tough deciding how to distribute them worldwide, considering there will be only 500. Did someone say that Mim sold #1?

It's got to tough deciding how to distribute them worldwide, considering there will be only 500. Did someone say that Mim sold #1?

I know she sold Concert #001. I think that each of the sizes gets it's own numbering, so there should be three #001's; a soprano, a concert, and a tenor.

Is that the new tenor design? The bridge doesn't seem to be very low.

I'm surprised it doesn't have "25th Anniversary" or something similar written on it.

It has an ebony faceplate, more select Koa, and a silver label.

Maybe it is the picture, but the 3 I sold were super low! They played very slick!

Yeah I had soprano 001, and concert 001. But I missed out on Tenor 001. Which is fine! Haha.

I have 4 coming in soon, but they alas go down my "list" first. (It isnt a pre-order list, because I hate taking peoples money before the product is available, but it is more of an 'interested' list. But if they do not end up being claimed by someone they will end up on my site.

On my visits to various Honolulu and Waikiki uke stores I made it a point to seek out the Silver models and had opportunity to try one of each size and compare to the regular models. They sure look great. The tenor was my favourite and it comes with a low G by default. They sure are getting closer to Kamaka and Kanile'a with this edition. The Soprano and Concert also look great but as soon as I held them I noticed the headstock pulling down due to the weight of the tuners. I am sure that the imbalance could be fixed with Gotoh planetary tuners as they are now also installed on the small Kamaka models. It is not surprising that they sell fast despite the premium price.

Top Bottom