Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 18 month olds are jerks

Default 18 month olds are jerks

My son just dropped my outdoor uke from the couch and this happened outdooruke.jpg Well out of warranty. Any ideas on a fix?

Even though it’s out of warrantee contact Outdoor and see what they recommend.

Can’t see too clearly, but if that’s a clean separation at the joint you should be able to clean it off, add epoxy, and clamp it till it cures. Should be pretty straightforward and easier than selling the kid to fund a replacement

Loosen the strings also! If you ever wanted to paint the inside to give it a tint, now seems like a good time!

Duct tape?

And if you think 18 month olds are jerks, u ain't seen nuthin yet
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, B reentrant

!Flukutronic!

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Super glue.......

Likely not an uke built yet that can withstand the efforts of an 18month old to have some fun with it......

But you should have seen when my 4 year old got his first violin and how he cared for it......

A lot of growth in short amount of time......
    Last edited by mjh42; 02-01-2020 at 10:52 AM.

I did email them waiting to hear back. It is just a super clean separation. Hubby wanted to do the epoxy and clamp so sounds like that is a winner but I wouldn't trust his opinion alone. He can fix bikes well, instruments remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Loosen the strings also! If you ever wanted to paint the inside to give it a tint, now seems like a good time!
    Strings are loosened! I only tightened them back for the picture. I always thought it could use some lights inside. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    Duct tape?

And if you think 18 month olds are jerks, u ain't seen nuthin yet
    Oh so true. Small kids small problems, big kids BIG problems. When they are teenagers you will wish things were as simple as a busted ukulele.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by juliaann View Post
    Strings are loosened! I only tightened them back for the picture. I always thought it could use some lights inside. . .

Now’s a good time to put a little notch along one end (the part that does not touch your strumming arm) and run a string along the back side of your uke. We did and ran a strip along the crown molding around The ceiling of my daughters’s rooms.

it attaches with double sided tape. You could run it along the back of your uke. Then you can control the colors. Feel like blue? Or green? Or purple? The line that attaches to a plug to change colors detaches so you can just go unplugged. When you want lights plug it into the battery pack. How fun!

Battery Powered Led Strip Lights 17-Key Remote Controlled RGB Dmeixs Led Lights Strip Color Changing 2 Pack 6.56ft Waterproof Strip Lights Battery Operated Led Strip Kit Indoor and Outdoor Decoration https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKLNT3H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_dZHnEbTGXJJ9T

Blackbird Farallon Ekoa Tenor
    Beltona Songster Resonator Tenor
    Klos Carbon Fiber Tenor
    Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly Banjolele

Thread Information