Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD: KoAloha Silver Concert

Default NUD: KoAloha Silver Concert

When KoAloha announced the Silver edition for their 25th anniversary, I knew my wallet was in for a bit of abuse. I have a Kamaka centennial concert, and knew that I would want to get a KoAloha that celebrated their history as well.

While Mim was at NAMM 2020, she posted to her Instagram that she would be getting some Silvers and that if you wanted to be on her list to get one, you should email her. I don't think I let the video even finish before I got my email off, asking to be put on the list for a concert (my preferred size.) And boy did Mim deliver... she had serial number 001, and since I was first on her list, she offered it to me. Needless to say, I took her up on it.

It arrived earlier this week, but I was traveling, so my wife set the box aside and I got the joy of unboxing when I got home Friday (yesterday) night. It is quite the beauty.

The ebony fingerboard and headstock really pop with the high gloss finish on the body. The koa in this one isn't overly curly, but it has a simple beauty to the wood. I'll see about posting some pictures soon, but I don't know that pictures will really do it justice.

Sound wise, this baby sings. Great volume and sustain, but I would expect nothing less from a KoAloha. I don't have a concert koa KoAloha to compare with, but I think it sounds better than my Opio acacia concert. I'm going to try to do some recordings to blind-test my senses, so it isn't just my imagination doing it.

I absolutely love it. I'll need some more time with it to be sure, but it seems amazing so far.
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Congratulations! 001, that's really very cool! I love the black headstock with silver logo, I think it looks really classy and chic.
    ~ "Music washes away the dust of everyday life" ~

•••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••

Concert - Kanile'a KSC-C • Kai KCI-5000 acacia
    Tenor - Anuenue UT200 • Sumi Kobo sinker cedar + ziricote • Kanile'a 2019 Platinum Pineapple • LFDM ukaferri • Kala KA-SRMT-TRI
    Baritone - Kala SMHB (for sale)

Wow 001. That’s special. Enjoy!
    Kanile’a Premium KSR-T - Uke Logic High G Hard Tension
    Flea Concert - High G - Living Water
    Aiersi OU-31M - High G - Worth

If you Uke easy, life will be hard. If you Uke hard, life will be easy.

Congrats on 001! Am interested to hear samples when you have them available.

You know the rules.......no pictures it didn’t really happen

Congratulations, I think, maybe, don’t know, haven’t seen it
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    You know the rules.......no pictures it didn’t really happen

Congratulations, I think, maybe, don’t know, haven’t seen it

That’s true... put my congrats on hold...
    Kanile’a Premium KSR-T - Uke Logic High G Hard Tension
    Flea Concert - High G - Living Water
    Aiersi OU-31M - High G - Worth

If you Uke easy, life will be hard. If you Uke hard, life will be easy.

Alright, alright... I needed time to get some decent lighting...

Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Classy to the core!
    John

Really lovely. I know there are one or two on the way to the UK. Hopefully not number 13!
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

Beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!

Thread Information