Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 416: Fire and Rain

Default Season 416: Fire and Rain

G’day, and welcome to Season 416!

It’s been a warm one, and after weeks of hazardous smoke blanketing the city, the air quality is now merely ‘Moderately Unhealthy’. But despite the afternoon of hailstones the size of cricket balls, there are still bushfires burning out of control not too far from here…

So! This season, @Friesse and I are looking for songs about Fire and/or Rain (or songs by James Taylor).

Originals very welcome.
    Collaborations are encouraged.
    Ukulele is mandatory, other instruments are optional.
    Maximum of three songs, please.
    We’ll be sending out two prizes - just a little something to decorate your uke case/strap.

And here’s the Playlist!

Don’t forget: you still have time to give a song for Season 415...

inspired theme, lovely performance in the intro vid, and delighted to see co-hosting!
    lynda

acid skiffle

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    inspired theme, lovely performance in the intro vid, and delighted to see co-hosting!
    Cheers! It’s always nice to share the fun with a friend!

I had a feeling that fire might come into your theme, Emma ... given what you poor people in Oz are going through at the moment. So glad that conditions have - at least slightly - eased for you. I have completely exhausted my Internet allowance for the month in my attempts to upload videos from my phone to YouTube for Pa's season and shan't be able to post anything ... or comment on anyone else's videos until Wednesday, when normal service resumes. (The only possibility is if I am up between midnight and 6.00 a.m. when Internet connection is unlimited!)
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    I had a feeling that fire might come into your theme, Emma ... given what you poor people in Oz are going through at the moment. So glad that conditions have - at least slightly - eased for you. I have completely exhausted my Internet allowance for the month in my attempts to upload videos from my phone to YouTube for Pa's season and shan't be able to post anything ... or comment on anyone else's videos until Wednesday, when normal service resumes. (The only possibility is if I am up between midnight and 6.00 a.m. when Internet connection is unlimited!)
    A little predictable, I know, but it’s what is on everyone’s mind here at the moment!
    Hopefully the theme will fire up everyone’s creative urges!

Great too see you both hosting together! Celebrating moderately unhealthy air eh, reminds me of the time I spent in China. I hope it continues improving for ya'll there. Great cover of the James Taylor classic

Thank you both for hosting! Can I clarify whether any songs simply containing the words rain or fire are acceptable or does rain and/or fire have to be the main subject? Thanks!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    Thank you both for hosting! Can I clarify whether any songs simply containing the words rain or fire are acceptable or does rain and/or fire have to be the main subject? Thanks!
    Hey! Good question.We’re pretty happy for the song to be about or allude to (metaphorical or literal) fire/rain, or contain the word in the title or lyrics.

Default Fire

First cab off the rank!

Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton soprano | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Default I'm on fire

You wait for one Springsteen cab and two come along at once.

I haven't even had a cup of tea yet!
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton soprano | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Thread Information