Season 416: Fire and Rain

EmmaX

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
G’day, and welcome to Season 416!

It’s been a warm one, and after weeks of hazardous smoke blanketing the city, the air quality is now merely ‘Moderately Unhealthy’. But despite the afternoon of hailstones the size of cricket balls, there are still bushfires burning out of control not too far from here…

So! This season, @Friesse and I are looking for songs about Fire and/or Rain (or songs by James Taylor).

Originals very welcome.
Collaborations are encouraged.
Ukulele is mandatory, other instruments are optional.
Maximum of three songs, please.
We’ll be sending out two prizes - just a little something to decorate your uke case/strap.

And here’s the Playlist!

Don’t forget: you still have time to give a song for Season 415...

inspired theme, lovely performance in the intro vid, and delighted to see co-hosting!

I had a feeling that fire might come into your theme, Emma ... given what you poor people in Oz are going through at the moment. So glad that conditions have - at least slightly - eased for you. I have completely exhausted my Internet allowance for the month in my attempts to upload videos from my phone to YouTube for Pa's season and shan't be able to post anything ... or comment on anyone else's videos until Wednesday, when normal service resumes. (The only possibility is if I am up between midnight and 6.00 a.m. when Internet connection is unlimited!)

I had a feeling that fire might come into your theme, Emma ... given what you poor people in Oz are going through at the moment. So glad that conditions have - at least slightly - eased for you. I have completely exhausted my Internet allowance for the month in my attempts to upload videos from my phone to YouTube for Pa's season and shan't be able to post anything ... or comment on anyone else's videos until Wednesday, when normal service resumes. (The only possibility is if I am up between midnight and 6.00 a.m. when Internet connection is unlimited!)

A little predictable, I know, but it’s what is on everyone’s mind here at the moment!
Hopefully the theme will fire up everyone’s creative urges!

Great too see you both hosting together! Celebrating moderately unhealthy air eh, reminds me of the time I spent in China. I hope it continues improving for ya'll there. Great cover of the James Taylor classic :)

Thank you both for hosting! Can I clarify whether any songs simply containing the words rain or fire are acceptable or does rain and/or fire have to be the main subject? Thanks! :)

Hey! Good question.We’re pretty happy for the song to be about or allude to (metaphorical or literal) fire/rain, or contain the word in the title or lyrics.

Fire

First cab off the rank!

I'm on fire

You wait for one Springsteen cab and two come along at once.

I haven't even had a cup of tea yet!

Really nice intro vid Emma and Jasmin. I've done Dylan's Bucket of Rain - and co-incidentally we just had some cool evening rain in Sydney.From memory I think you are down Canberra way.I hope you got some rain, know you really need it.

Really nice intro vid Emma and Jasmin. I've done Dylan's Bucket of Rain - and co-incidentally we just had some cool evening rain in Sydney.From memory I think you are down Canberra way.I hope you got some rain, know you really need it.----whoops sorry doubled up.

Metaphorical fire and rain is preferable to the extreme weather you guys have been experiencing, thanks for hosting, loved the intro vid.

Hey folks! Great to be here co-hosting with EmmaX this season. Fantastic to see such a strong start to this season!

Sorry it's taken me a little while to pop in and say hi, I've been out hopping between air-conditioned venues as we've been experiencing some seriously hot days and my house has no aircon. Saturday was >42 degrees Celsius (for those of you who deal in Fahrenheit I believe it's 108...). The average temperature at this time of year is usually 28 C/83 F. Yikes. Not something I'm used to where I live!

So thank you for all your contributions and for making this part of the world a little more enjoyable, even with the extreme weather events. I hope you're all staying safe where you are!

Still acquainting myself with my new Freshman 8-string tenor uke - replaced one of the A strings with one tuned an octave lower for a fuller sound. Hope it sounds okay?

This is a song from Everything But The Girl’s first album (Eden), released in 1984. It’s called Frost And Fire.

Top Bottom