Season 416: Fire and Rain

A while ago, I was thinking of doing this one for Andy's HOT HOT HOT Season. It didn't happen. But now I think I can give it a shot.

Hi all
I've managed to get some inspiration this week.
Still need a mojo transplant though.
Here's 2 minutes you won't get back 🤣

Hello, Emma and Friesse! I actually stayed up past the witching hour (I was watching telly), so was able to post something. Considering what you poor Aussies are going through at the moment, it is hardly the most diplomatic title, but it was the first song that came to mind and I didn't think anyone else was likely to do it. My apologies!

thank you Emma and Jasmine for this week
this, a Mountain Goats song about fire from me and Joko -
neither of us emerged triumphantly from it...

That's wierd when I saw BEVOMU's post it linked to my video, when I quoted her post it showed her video. (Which incidentally is a lot better than my version!)

Hello, Emma and Friesse! I actually stayed up past the witching hour (I was watching telly), so was able to post something.

I feel honoured that you brought something DAYS early! Very exciting…

That's wierd when I saw BEVOMU's post it linked to my video, when I quoted her post it showed her video. (Which incidentally is a lot better than my version!)

I have that quite a lot. The thumbnail will show the video from the previous post and so on but the videos themselves will be right.

It's often if I've left my phone browser on the page for a while and then come back to it, think the cache goes all weird

I have no way of putting a video on the forum but the first song in this category that came to mind was the Lyke Wake Dirge a yorkshire dialect song that Tootler put on many years ago.It describes the wild weather on the local moorland talking of fire and fleet

Thanks for hosting and for a great them Jas and Emma! Here is a traditional This is a traditional bluegrass song that mentions both fire and rain. Cheers ~

Thanks for co-hosting!!

I couldn't remember the name of the group initially, but it was the Cascades. And this was their hit. Not a bad song, really.

Hi Everyone, it's been quite a while...

Entry #1 from this duet was a cover of the Mountain Goats - a favorite of Jon's. Here in our second, a tune from Johnny Cash - an artist I've enjoyed covering for years.

Top Bottom