Blisters on Top Side of Fingures

johnnysmash

Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum ever had small blisters that look full of water and itch like craze before? According to my google searches, people who play instruments with medal strings or medal wound strings like our 4th string on some ukuleles have this due to allergy. Many guitar players have this problem. I have not yet seen a doctor yet but it looks like dyshidrotic eczema.

When I play a lot after not playing for a while, my fingertips might get sore, but never itchy or water-filled. That sounds like the kind of blister you would get on your foot. My fingers are a bit sort after playing for a couple of hours yesterday.

Let them heal and then build up to longer playing times. Someone will probably have tips about types of strings, too.

As a former machinist I've met people who had developed allergic reactions to nickle. Very hard for them as it affected their livelihood.

On top of your fingers? That area normally doesn't touch the strings...maybe has nothing to do with strings. See your Dermatologist...

Fortunately, you don't see many Nickelodeons these days. :D

LOL, possibly because of the rash of allergic reactions. :D

On a serious note though, anything like a rash on your hands that affects your ability to work or play needs to be resolved as soon as possible. I agree with UkerDanno, see a dermatologist.

Last edited:
On top of your fingers? That area normally doesn't touch the strings...maybe has nothing to do with strings. See your Dermatologist...

Why would I want to pay a doctor and sit in the examining room for an hour when my friends at the coffee shop will tell me what's wrong for free? ;)

Top Bottom