Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UkeRepublic Disappointment

Really hard to comment on this thread without the OP telling us how high the action actually IS.

As others have said, Uke Republic WILL make adjustments if you ask. If you don't ask, a ukulele that arrives between 2.5mm and 3mm at the 12th is not flawed.

What was the action?
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

I've never bought from this vendor, so no personal experience there. That said, I'm not really sure what you're hoping to accomplish with this thread. I also wonder if you contacted them first with your gripe. I agree with others who say if you didn't specify the action height you wanted there is no reason to complain. They can't be mind readers. Everyone has their own preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by jer View Post
    I've never bought from this vendor, so no personal experience there. That said, I'm not really sure what you're hoping to accomplish with this thread. I also wonder if you contacted them first with your gripe. I agree with others who say if you didn't specify the action height you wanted there is no reason to complain. They can't be mind readers. Everyone has their own preferences.
    I have seen this in a number of instances- with vendors, luthiers, private sellers. I see some threads where the person is making a case for issues with the instrument, communication, shipping, etc. I wonder if there was a conversation that took place prior to this posting. I have only heard positive things about Uke Republic, so I would expect he would be eager to make his clients happy.
    Last edited by EDW; 02-04-2020 at 02:07 PM.

I've purchased two tenors from Uke Republic. For the first one I just requested a low action because I had the beginnings of arthritis in my hands and wanted an easy barre on the first fret. They did a good job of accommodating me.

For the second one, I knew that I liked a height of about 1mm at the first fret and 2.3mm at the 12th with a plain Low-G set of strings. (I have since asked for 0.5 to 0.7mm at the first.) Their setup was spot on.

I don't know if they level the frets like Mim does.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

OP it looks like your first and only post on here was to complain about a very decent Uke dealer...doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of UU at all, and not sure what you’re really expecting from this thread. I’ve also had great experiences with Uke Republic. I bought a Makala Shark for my 3 year old so he could have a real, set up instrument to play (and leave mama’s alone) The set up was great and easy to play. I like 3mm at the 12th, personally. As others have mentioned, it’s important to let the dealer know what you want.
    Current Uke Family:
    ~ Mainland Mahogany Satin Concert ~ KoAloha KCM-00 (Koa Concert) ~ MP Black Walnut Cali Concert x Mike Pereira
    ~ Rebel Soprano Double Crème (Mango)

"Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine." ~ Lord Byron

The issue here is a misunderstanding of the term "setup" and I believe communication between vendor and buyer would have provided an amicable solution. Stating dissatisfaction with the vendor should not be done publicly but in a private manner, therefore I'm closing this thread. Thanks everyone for their support and tidbits of info regarding setups.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Thread Information