Who plays MMORPG?

hahaha, I was hoping 1: to find out what that stands for by reading through the thread. However, I'm still in the dark.
2: To read through some hilarious explanations what the acronym stands for. Unfortunately, I'm too early.

I used to love them until I got carpal tunnel syndrome. Played ultima online and wow.

Does this mean I have to get even more pills from the doc ?

Sure I do: it's called the Ukulele Underground Forum. The offline version is called Real Life. We're always role-playing, even when we think we're not.

(I used to play Twitter, but I ran into too many massive tweets there.)

is there a 'like' button for this?

I used to play & run MUDs ("Multi-User Dungeons": essentially text-based MORPGs before the "massively" M got added), and I had a top level bard in EverQuest until I realized that keeping up with high end raiding guild commitments was more work than pleasure. Now I make my music in the real world rather than the virtual one.

I always love to play MMORPG and RPG games and this is why I have been waiting for the upcoming role-playing video game "Cyberpunk 2077" which is developed and published by CD Projekt who are also the creators of a massive hit "The Witcher 3". The game is set to release in November 2020 and I can't wait for November when I finally will be able to play it. Its demo looked great and most gamers all over the world are expecting this game to do great. For those, who don't have much information about Cyberpunk they need to take a look at this article on history of Cyberpunk before 2077.

Last edited:
Somebody take down this thread. It’s starting to attract scammers.

Huh, I don't understand what you mean, the last post before yours was all the way back in August of 2020, so I don't see it attracting anyone really?

Huh, I don't understand what you mean, the last post before yours was all the way back in August of 2020, so I don't see it attracting anyone really?
I misread the date. At any rate, that post was just click-bait. This forum is about ukuleles. There are plenty of gaming forums out there for discussions of gaming.

I've played world of warcraft(and tried a few others) mmorpg off and on since 2004. I have fond memories of digital adventuring with various friends and the community feeling from various guilds around that game. It's a form of socialization and entertainment that I enjoyed. It's also a rabbit hole, like many things. If you start playing World of Warcraft it sucks you in to trying to perfect your ability to maneuver pixels around the screen. Soon, it consumes more time than expected and there's always a sense of pressure to do more exploration, adventuring, or overcoming challenges. While I do think mmorpgs serve as a reasonable training implement for improving teamwork, communication skills, marketing, and more, I also believe they can be detrimental to healthy relationships in the real world due the time and money investments required to chase unattainable perfection and a false sense of socialization. And, more recently, as these types of games veer more towards "pay-to-win" games they lose the competitive edge that kept me interested. I rarely play any pc games these days. My reaction time, hand to eye coordination, and vision have noticeably declined. The less time I have left to annoy my children the more I want to physically be with people I care about instead of being in front of screens playing games. But, my kids often seem too busy like I was at their age. Boomers like me are the old geezers now I guess. So, as somebody who only plays pc games once in a blue moon now I'm relegated to playing "multiplayer" games solo style if I play at all anymore. I much prefer playing my ukulele. That's another rabbit hole.

I've played world of warcraft(and tried a few others) mmorpg off and on since 2004. I have fond memories of digital adventuring with various friends and the community feeling from various guilds around that game. It's a form of socialization and entertainment that I enjoyed. It's also a rabbit hole, like many things. If you start playing World of Warcraft it sucks you in to trying to perfect your ability to maneuver pixels around the screen. Soon, it consumes more time than expected and there's always a sense of pressure to do more exploration, adventuring, or overcoming challenges. While I do think mmorpgs serve as a reasonable training implement for improving teamwork, communication skills, marketing, and more, I also believe they can be detrimental to healthy relationships in the real world due the time and money investments required to chase unattainable perfection and a false sense of socialization. And, more recently, as these types of games veer more towards "pay-to-win" games they lose the competitive edge that kept me interested. I rarely play any pc games these days. My reaction time, hand to eye coordination, and vision have noticeably declined. The less time I have left to annoy my children the more I want to physically be with people I care about instead of being in front of screens playing games. But, my kids often seem too busy like I was at their age. Boomers like me are the old geezers now I guess. So, as somebody who only plays pc games once in a blue moon now I'm relegated to playing "multiplayer" games solo style if I play at all anymore. I much prefer playing my ukulele. That's another rabbit hole.
The old multiplayer dungeons were always fun to play. I used to spend hours on Doom 2 and "wad" files for customizing the game. Good times when 8mb was a huge hard drive and a 2x speed cdrom was awesome.

The old multiplayer dungeons were always fun to play. I used to spend hours on Doom 2 and "wad" files for customizing the game. Good times when 8mb was a huge hard drive and a 2x speed cdrom was awesome.
Wolfenstein 3D on 3.5 inch floppy disk...lol. Side note, just got a couple gameboy knockoffs from one of those discount online China stores and each one has 400 games on it. Times have sure changed.

Top Bottom