Ukulele from ebay

mavrakis

Reaction score
hello
i find some ukuleles on ebay especialy
Brunswick BU4C Concert Mahogany Ukulele With Aquila Strings 59euros
Kala Ka-c Mahogany Concert Ukulele Satin Finish MINT With Carry Bag 76 euros
Kala Makala MK-C Concert Ukulele Uke Fitted With Aquila Strings 68 euros
Are these original..Is it okay to buy from ebay?

No guarantees, but I've bought quite a few other musical instruments from Ebay, likely a better source than Amazon, (which I seldom use, as their prices are higher).

Check the suppliers feedback, if it's not near 100%, be careful.

I used to have a Kala-KAS soprano, good for its price, a Makala MK-C concert, an adequate beginner; no experience with Brunswick, other than a plastic concert, which was only mediocre.

Last edited:
I buy from eBay all the time, but if the item is coming from a dealer in China, be prepared for a long wait, partly because they're not as efficient and the virus is now causing all kinds of logistic problems with many places closed. I ordered a bamboo uke the last day of December, to arrive by Jan. 25, never did, so now they're sending another which could take even longer.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Which concert uke would you recommend for max.90€ with shipping?

hello
i find some ukuleles on ebay especialy
Brunswick BU4C Concert Mahogany Ukulele With Aquila Strings 59euros
Kala Ka-c Mahogany Concert Ukulele Satin Finish MINT With Carry Bag 76 euros
Kala Makala MK-C Concert Ukulele Uke Fitted With Aquila Strings 68 euros
Are these original..Is it okay to buy from ebay?

I know folk who play the Brunswick Concert and they are happy with them, I’ve played the Soprano version and after a few mods and a bit of work on it it was a nice little player. I had the Makala and it was more than fine (could have kept it indefinitely), the Brunswick seems a bit better again and the Kala will be the best of the bunch (funds allowing it’s also what I’d buy too). Expect to set-up whatever you buy and then just play ... well I’d change the strings too to Martin M600’s. I buy a lot from eBay, it’s rare that I regret a purchase from them.

Last edited:
Yes there is a store that sells fligt ukes..is flight nuc310 good?

I have bought several used ukuleles from EBAY. I have somewhat learned to read listings for used ukes so as to discern (with fairly high accuracy) those which were used by players who had their instruments nicely set up. So far... very happy with all my purchases. My one regret is a uke I bought new from Bruce Wei -- waaay overbuilt & dull sounding, despite several changes to different string sets.

By the way -- I wonder why Mim stopped selling on EBAY?

Last edited:
By the way -- I wonder why Mim stopped selling on EBAY?

I don't sell on eBay just locally, but I heard from others that eBay takes a large percentage from sellers, but offers little protection from abusive buyers in return. That's why many respectable sellers don't use it anymore. So in other words, the price for their buyer protection is the loss of private and reputable sellers. I find that eBay is just terribly crowded by low cost junk, and real gems are getting hard to find.

Last edited:
Yes there is a store that sells fligt ukes..is flight nuc310 good?

I haven't tried one. I'd go try it out in person, see if it works for you well. You might have to do your own set-up. We're here to help you with that!

Amazon has some reviews, I'd check those as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom