Quick question about the community helping on forums here?

Becky7777

Reaction score
Looks like UU has a lot of people here. I am wondering how likely it is for the community here on UU to be able to answer a yes or no answer to fairly basic theory questions so I can move on. (Or trash my work and start over)

I waited 3 weeks and no one can help me where i'm at, I expanded on my question today, but realized a little bit ago if no one answered my question 3 weeks ago, it's unlikely to be answered now.

There are very helpful people here that I believe can answer theory questions. You might try posting on the Uke Talk board where many more people visit.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Fire away!

Becky, I looked everywhere but could not find your original music theory question from 3 weeks ago, nor the one you expanded on today. Your profile indicates you joined the Forum today (Feb. 5), so I’m a bit confused. Without knowing what your questions are, we can’t help you much. Please give us another try.

Jan

Looks like UU has a lot of people here. I am wondering how likely it is for the community here on UU to be able to answer a yes or no answer to fairly basic theory questions so I can move on. (Or trash my work and start over)

I waited 3 weeks and no one can help me where i'm at, I expanded on my question today, but realized a little bit ago if no one answered my question 3 weeks ago, it's unlikely to be answered now.

Welcome to the UU forum! Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people here who would love to help out.

Becky, if you understand enough about music theory to ask a question, then you are doing better than me!

Welcome to Ukulele Underground where all your questions will be answered.

John Colter

Hi Becky,

This forum is an amazing place. The folks here are extremely helpful and everyone seems in a good mood almost all the time. There are folks here who have been playing for years and years and some of them teach. I've been on various forums since the last century, and I've never found a more helpful one than this one.

Ask your questions here or in the "Uke Talk" section and you'll get lots of help.

How about linking to your thread? Still don't see a question. People are great answering questions, but if you need something simple REALLY say you need something simple. Some people will go completely off on detailed music theory, none of which I understand, and I don't have an answer to the actual question.

People are really great about answering things though. Did you go through the beginner's forum? There's some good stuff in there.

Hi Becky, welcome!

There's a good chance that there always will be someone awake around the globe to stumble upon your question, and who will try to help it [but 'fairly' is relative:)].

Wow! Thank you for all the replies! I'll ask in uke talk. I didn't want to ask in two places because that's bad etiquette, but I think it's okay now.

@John C - The only reason I can ask a theory question is because I started in on it a couple months after I started playing. I'm sure me trying to explain what I need is still going to make people scratch their heads and wonder what I'm talking about 99.8% of the time. ��

"scratch their heads and wonder what I'm talking about 99.8% of the time"

Yep, you're right there, Becky. But it's just that your approach to learning the ukulele is very different from mine. I started about twenty-five years ago, and have stayed mainly with the given, or standard, ways of playing any given chord. For a simple strummer/singer, that works well enough but is quite limiting in terms of overall knowledge of theory - and of the fret board. I do like to work out a few different chord inversions, where it might add colour to a sequence, or for ease of playing.

Your approach is way deeper. Our minds work in different ways.

It's all good!

John Colter

Top Bottom