Ukes2dies: 1. Zenith, ukulele duet

choan

Reaction score
I'm publishing the first video of my new project Ukes2dies, a collection of 12 ukulele duets thought to develop musicianship and fingerpicking abilities on the ukulele.

This is the first release, Zenith. Hope you enjoy it!

I'll be releasing new videos (in collaboration with some fellow ukelelists) every two weeks.

Nice little ditty, but I'm sure it's far more challenging to play than what you want us to believe.
The synchronisation on your video is very impressive!
Well done:worship:

I like it, Choan. My fingerpicking abilities are not quite up to this level yet, but I guess that’s the whole point of your new project, isn’t it? :) Looking forward to hearing #2.

Jan

Nice little ditty, but I'm sure it's far more challenging to play than what you want us to believe.

He he, not challenging, but may be a bit intense –at this speed. Playing it slower makes this one feasible while keeping the fun.

The synchronisation on your video is very impressive!
Well done

Thank you. It's my first time dueting with myself on video :)

I like it, Choan. My fingerpicking abilities are not quite up to this level yet, but I guess that’s the whole point of your new project, isn’t it? :) Looking forward to hearing #2.

Glad you like it :)

"Yet" is the keyword here!

The main objective for this project is musicianship, learning to play in duo: matching and adjusting dynamics, flowing the tempo, expressing as a unity. Fingerpicking abilities are secondary to this.

Also, the 50 Studies are more demanding technically.

For the next issue I'll be playing live with a friend :)

Top Bottom