HoneyTone on the Way

Bunny approved!
i73BEbul.jpg

It's too noisy for my taste. Great for the price and super portable, but not something I'd normally use given other options. (<= that's a lie, since I have a Roland Micro Cube on the floor in easy range of that guitar cable...). The scruffy low-fi sound is great with a cigar box.

It's a wonderful toss-in-the-backback-and-don't-worry-about-it amp for travel and practice.

And for your daily inception moment: this thread is reflected in the Vorson in the pic ;)

I have a vintage green one (somewhere) and gave a burgundy one to a friend. I have a pretty rare kwave by kiwaya Les Paul style and I got the amp to use with it. I was intending to collect a couple more guitar inspired ukes with mini-amps like the Fender style one but life intervened.

Those honeytones have audio out and overdrive. They can be used with headphones. I put those ukes and amps in the category of just for fun and why not.

I ordered a burgundy HoneyTone amplifier yesterday. After ready a review that said, "For the price of a pizza, you can get yourself a nice little amp," how could I resist?

Let me know what you think.

I've heard two honeytones, and I think "unimpressed" would be an understatement. Both were tinny, distorted, and aggravating to listen to.

I've got a blackstar fly 3 on the way, specifically after being hired for a gig where I won't be singing. (I'm thinking that they heard me sing...)

I've heard two honeytones, and I think "unimpressed" would be an understatement. Both were tinny, distorted, and aggravating to listen to.

Thanks for the encouragement! :D

For my purposes, this little amp is perfect. It provides a bit of amplification for me in the house, just for the fun of it. And for $20 - the price of a pizza - I couldn't say No. : )

Mmm , . . . pizza !

Thanks for the encouragement! :D

For my purposes, this little amp is perfect. It provides a bit of amplification for me in the house, just for the fun of it. And for $20 - the price of a pizza - I couldn't say No. : )

No, I really want to know - were the two I've heard anomalous? Were the users pushing them too hard and overdriving to distortion? Did they just need new batteries?

I have heard two of the Honeytone amps; there are a lot more out there, and they keep selling. What, if anything, was different about the two crappy units I heard?

Can't say about the two you heard, but mine plays well enough, if you keep it in the middle range, sound wise.

Clip it on your belt/trousers, plug in some headphones, connect uke........now you can wander around any where you like playing your uke......without disturbing anyone else. :)

I've got a blackstar fly 3 on the way, specifically after being hired for a gig where I won't be singing. (I'm thinking that they heard me sing...)

The Blackstar to me is a couple of steps up from the honeytone. Fuller sound, boomy bass and less tin canish rattling.

I have a Honeytone, but nothing that will plug into it currently. I used it with an electric guitar I had for a bit. To me it had an old vintage small AM radio type sound/vibe to it. I actually really liked the way it sounded. I think it's pretty great for what it is. Anyone looking for a full range sound is going to be disappointed....It's way too small for that. For $20 it's a lot of fun and does have a sound all its own, whether you like it or not. I think any sound approaching bass is going to make it rattle....but that could be a plus too considering what a person is after.
I have a Danelectro adapter, so used it plugged in always.

Top Bottom