Ukulele Lessons in Indiana or Online... Any suggestions?

bretterb

Reaction score
Hi. I'm fairly new to the ukulele but I do have years of experience with other instruments, so not new to music in general. I can read music and I'm comfortable with a pretty good amount of music theory.

While I DO need to work on strumming skills, I'm mostly interested in fingerstyle and chord-melody stuff.

I tried taking lessons from a couple of different people who "taught" ukulele, but were primarily guitar players, and I wasn't super happy with the experience. I'm hoping I'll get better results if I can find a teacher whose primary instrument is ukulele.

I'd really like to find someone in central/south-central Indiana (Indianapolis or Bloomington area).

Does anyone know of a good teacher in that area?

Alternatively, do you have any recommendations for someone who teaches online using videoconferencing?

Thanks!

-Brett

Online, I'd start with The Ukulele Way. It's not personal, but it's great and James Hill is the best uke teacher I know of. The course is well paced and perfect for your interest in chord melody and fingerpicking. For the price, it's a no-brainer.

Also agree with Ukulele Way. I took it and learned so much.

Top Bottom