Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this a common problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Peter,

I do have hands on the larger side, I mean I do wear large or sometimes even XL gloves. My Uke is a Soprano too, so maybe that could be an issue, maybe not, at this stage I'm not sure.

I guess try a little more, and if there's still no progress, maybe consider a larger Uke?
    Do not use the size of your ukulele as an excuse. Or that you have the wrong strings or anything else. Many people with large hands play soprano ukuleles. Unless you have some cheap rubbish for a ukulele, you can learn to play it. Don't give up. I am not particularly talented, intelligent, athletic, good looking or coordinated, but I am determined. When you get discouraged, tell yourself, if Rllink can learn to play the ukulele anyone can, and forge on.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Even us who have got our fingers (and brain its there too), when we get soft fingertips for the lack of use. Sometimes it can hurt from a longer time break.

So there is are 2 things, muscle finger control that you learn only by playing chords mostly but also solos. It will stay with you for many years afterwards even when you have stopped.
    The second thing is hardened fingerpads, they need be that when you play.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but what kind of ukulele do you own, brand wise. And is the action (the height of the strings above the fretboard).
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Thread Information