Season 417: original favourite country shorts

it just blows my mind how you possibly could not remember
the comments i made on every song you played

Oh, I remember them...but not a single one to any of my videos. That is where I take issue...because you have always copied them to the video...and I got so little for each of them. I am probably just attacking this whole thing and tired of pouring my heart and soul into a song that gets zero hits....
But it is hard to see that whole record with zero interaction.
Why do I even play this thing?
Well...I suppose I don’t.
No one else watched those videos either...don’t feel bad. They were clearly s**. Anyway, don’t own this...just sad we are here. I suck, or at least am unpopular.
And don’t own it- no one watched those songs. Maybe they were that bad....I do not blame you, I am asking for you spend a little more time on me...but I ain’t worth the effort.
I’m goin down to the railroad station gonna buy me a ticket to ride...
Anyway- thanks for all the laughs

Last edited:
Hey Dave - I love your music. You won a t-shirt in the first ever season I hosted a couple of years back. I watch and comment on some of your stuff - just as a I do with a lot of other contributors. But I don’t have time to watch and comment on everything, unless I’m hosting, when I make sure I do. And so does Jon.

If you look back on everyone’s entries for this Season his YouTube comments have disappeared because, as he says, he has changed his YouTube channel since then. That really is all there is to it mate. Please stay with us.

Hey Dave - I love your music. You won a t-shirt in the first ever season I hosted a couple of years back. I watch and comment on some of your stuff - just as a I do with a lot of other contributors. But I don’t have time to watch and comment on everything, unless I’m hosting, when I make sure I do. And so does Jon.

If you look back on everyone’s entries for this Season his YouTube comments have disappeared because, as he says, he has changed his YouTube channel since then. That really is all there is to it mate. Please stay with us.

Del has it absolutely right, Dave ... no one's comments are there for that week, simply because Jon took his channel down, as he attempted to explain to you! If you should read this, you are missed ... please come back!

Oh, I remember them...but not a single one to any of my videos. That is where I take issue...because you have always copied them to the video...and I got so little for each of them. I am probably just attacking this whole thing and tired of pouring my heart and soul into a song that gets zero hits....
But it is hard to see that whole record with zero interaction.
Why do I even play this thing?
Well...I suppose I don’t.
No one else watched those videos either...don’t feel bad. They were clearly s**. Anyway, don’t own this...just sad we are here. I suck, or at least am unpopular.
And don’t own it- no one watched those songs. Maybe they were that bad....I do not blame you, I am asking for you spend a little more time on me...but I ain’t worth the effort.
I’m goin down to the railroad station gonna buy me a ticket to ride...
Anyway- thanks for all the laughs

**** me mate.
i don't know what you mean by "copied them to the video"?
no.
i listen and i write from my heart everytime. straight to the bloody video on yt.
i'm sad we're here too Dave. this is bullshit mate. i don't feel bad.
i know what happened that week and how much i loved every bloody song you played.
i'm just worried about you mate.
gonna find me that lady w/ two or three kids and sit down by her side?
**** that Lefty. just talk to me please.
please reply to me on FB so we can talk this out.
i love you brother.

Hi, Dave ~ I feel terribly and extremely saddened that you are hurting so much; that things are the way that they are, right now, in this situation. Please know that I completely understand what you mean about feeling unpopular, and also when you feel you pour your heart and soul into a video to share — and no one seems to care. I feel that way a lot, too, and it is awful. It leaves one feeling insignificant, forgotten; dare I also say, uncared for as well. It hurts...A LOT. I actually just wrote a whole related-post in which I addressed this sort of thing on UU a few days ago - it was, literally, a page long post. A day or so later, I went back and deleted out 98% of what I had written in that post as I felt it was sort of futile for me to have written what I did. :-(

When I was a ‘regular’ in the SOTU years and years ago, I always watched TCK (and Mel!) vids and loved them! I have learned so much from you in all of those years, and please know that your videos have not only inspired me, but they have UPLIFTED me! They’ve helped me crawl out of very dark places in life! So I need to say “thank you” for the light you’ve brought into my life, Dave!

I’m not sure if I ever shared this with you before, but when I felt hurt by certain events (and people) on UU years ago, I left the Forum back in 2013, except for a visit or two, until May of this year. When I decided to bail on Facebook in early-mid April of this year, I felt a pull to try to revisit UU and to try to find community, here, again. The way that I look at things, I feel we all have history on UU together; there have been many peaks and valleys during that time. I try to look at this as that’s how we can all grow together, learn from each other; that it’s all part of that wonderful, sticky glue that holds us together in friendships and in community. Please come back and know that you are very, very missed!!! YOU are an integral, much loved part of this community!!!

Last edited:
I’m not sure I know what this is all about as this wasn’t a Season I took part in. I’ve loved your contributions Dave, to my Seasons, to other people’s Seasons, several of your and Sean’s The Song Stuck In My Head podcasts take pride of place on my iPod, especially your Rock Steady shows. You emailed me some links to some fantastic Doo Wop. You didn’t have to, but you did because you know your music and frankly, I rate your taste in music highly. I’m not in Seasons so much these days but I like to drop in when I can, I hope you will do the same mate.

Top Bottom