Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Good Time to Buy a Used Uke

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,533

    Default Good Time to Buy a Used Uke

    UPS has new shipping prices. You can ship up to 50 lb, for between $8.25 and $21.75, and measuring 100 to 1,728 cu in. That should cover a uke, but maybe not the case, depending.

    https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/s...VKRDMifQ%3D%3D
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Pacific Inland Empire
    Posts
    199

    Default

    thanks Jerry! I wish that UPS were less than an half hour away from me...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Measured an HMS box that a concert came in. 1820 cu in. On UPS simple rate chart, a 1728 cu in box on 3 day select is $44. Ground is $29 but I would not ship this way. USPS priority (2 to 3 day) is about $44 or so before adding additional insurance.

    A few months ago, a soprano with case was about $130 via UPS and $55 via USPS... from East Coast to CA. We chose USPS.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    JoCo, NC (near Raleigh)
    Posts
    4,844

    Default

    Cmon Jerry. When is it not a good time for you to buy a used uke?
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, B reentrant

    !Flukutronic!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    So tell us what ukes you're putting up for sale, Jerry? We know you have more than any reasonable person should own. Time to share a few?
    Larry

    • ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR"
    • COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    • ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR
    • KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    • PONO ATD-CR CEDAR/ACACIA TENOR (LOW "G")
    • HARMONY MAHOGANY BARITONE (1950's)
    • VTAB TS2401 SPRUCE/MAHOGANY CONCERT

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    Cmon Jerry. When is it not a good time for you to buy a used uke?
    Well, you got me there.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    Measured an HMS box that a concert came in. 1820 cu in. On UPS simple rate chart, a 1728 cu in box on 3 day select is $44. Ground is $29 but I would not ship this way. USPS priority (2 to 3 day) is about $44 or so before adding additional insurance.

    A few months ago, a soprano with case was about $130 via UPS and $55 via USPS... from East Coast to CA. We chose USPS.
    Yeah, shipping with a case makes a huge difference - bigger and heavier. I declined getting a Fluke with a case because of the huge difference in shipping cost. Shipping for the Fluke by itself was reasonable.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snargle View Post
    So tell us what ukes you're putting up for sale, Jerry? We know you have more than any reasonable person should own. Time to share a few?
    I keep thinking that I'll sell some in the spring, but I can't decide which ones to let go.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •