Wanted: Solid Spalted Mango Tenor

badscooter

Reaction score
Love the look of the Romero Creations Replica, but they seem to be like hen's teeth.

Anyone looking to sell?

I'd also be grateful for any suggestions as to other solid spalted mango tenors.

Thanks.

I had a very exotic one custom made by Bruce Wei Arts in Vietnam through eBay for $445 shipped to Los Angeles. Spalted mango top and binding, curly/flame mango back and sides, ebony fretboard and bridge. Florentine cutaway, no top sound hole but small sound holes all the way around the bouts, with a larger one in the cutaway. I have nine ukes and I love this one.

BWA spalted progress 900.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Two on Reverb right now. And a few months ago I was at a shop in Los Angeles called U-Space. They had three or four. And for quite a bit cheaper than I'd seen anywhere else, including online, even after tax. I don't know if they ship, and I don't know if you're able to visit them, so I don't know if that works out for you.

Don't know if there are any Big Island ones floating around at the moment but I got a second hand one a few weeks ago. I'm very impressed with it, fantastic sound. Would buy again, would recommend!

20200128_080648.jpg

Bought mine there. Ebony fretboard and Bridge. Nice.

Top Bottom