Value of this ukulele?

Nickie

Reaction score
This lovely little Kamaka soprano was donated to me by a total stranger, she wanted a child to get it.
She said it's been in a closet for 6 years.
Being that it really isn't a child's ukulele, I'd like to auction it off to the highest bidder and buy several less expensive ukes for kids, or donate the funds to UKC.
She said she had a guesstimate of $1350, and I have a bid for 900.00!
Please look at the pics and tell me what you think it's worth in it's current condition.
There's a crack in the top from the edge of the lower bout to the bridge, scratches on the back, and some sharp fret edges.
How much do you think it's worth?kamaka front.jpg
kamaka label.jpgkamaka scratches.jpgkamaka crack.jpg

I am sure some folks here will have some good info. I would also look at similar instruments that sold at ebay and Reverb. That can often be a guide to see where the market is.

I am sure some folks here will have some good info. I would also look at similar instruments that sold at ebay and Reverb. That can often be a guide to see where the market is.

Thanks. I"ll check there as well.

Sounds like a reasonable offer, & it would allow for several kids to enjoy uke.

I'm sure whoever donated it would be happy with that senario. :music:

I agree. I have one very similar to this one and would leap at an offer over $500.

I've received a few ukes from people that won them at festivals specifically to auction to my uke group, with all proceeds going to The Ukulele Kids Club, so I say go for it Nikki. That would provide many many ukes to kids in hospitals who could really benefit from them.

(PS - Be sure to hit a carriage return before you post a photo so it doesn't break up the paragraph, you can fix that anytime by clicking Edit Post.)

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thanks ukecaster, Keith, Bbegall, Mike, Patrick, merlin!
This is exactly what we needed to know.

We'll go from here, then.

Top Bottom