WTB: Kala Tenor

WeaserP

Reaction score
Looking for a used starter tenor and was pointed to the Kala line by a friend who knows a little more than I. Not sure what the price points are on something like that so I really don't have a "reasonable range" in mind just yet. Anyone have one around that might be looking for love? Thanks!

(And related comments, suggestions or additional thoughts are always welcomed!)

Makala & Kala tenors would be OK starter ukes, not very expensive new.

(I still have my Kala KA-T several years after getting 'better' ukes, it's a keeper as far as I'm concerned.)

I AM in Syracuse (well, just north of it but close enough)! Nice catch. I have a CL "Saved Search" for ukes that pop up there but the search did not pop that one up for some reason. Don't know if I'll end up with it or not so, if anyone is still looking to re-home a similar Kala, please let me know. Again, much appreciated!

A couple of PM's responded to. Good stuff. Nothing definitive yet but interest peaked in a few. Thanks, everybody!

Weaser,
It’s not a Kala, but I have a very good starter tenor uke for sale.
It’s an Aklot Tenor, and I continue to be surprised by the sound and quality, especially for a uke under a hundred dollars new.

Since I purchased it, I lowered the action to 2.5 and changed the strings to
Aquila New Nylgut. The difference was astounding, in a good way. It comes with a bag and tuner.
$70.00 shipped (to most states).

If interested, please pm me.

Top Bottom