Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Kala did...

Mim,
    Thank you so much for your kind, understanding words.

Your loyal customer/friend/fan,
    Nickie
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    And if anyone is going to be pissed, it would be me! I have had my fair share of calling my Kala salesman and saying "WHAT THE HECK?!" But usually there is a reasonable explanation. Once I was upset they were violating their own MAP... turns out... it was only that item and someone had put it into the system wrong. But I did get a little joy at telling them they were in violation of MAP and not vice versa. (BTW... I am only in MAP violation when they update the prices and I don't realize. I am a super big rule follower. But double-standards tick me off. So I called all sorts of indignant. My poor salesman.) Now... if Walmart starts violating MAP... then they will get the Mim call again! But this does not upset me. If someone wants to take the risk and order from Walmart... that is on them.
    Somebody's got to keep them straight.

Yeah, the sad thing is that most do not know any better. Places like UU represent only a small number of players....but I'm sure the word gets out other ways too about shops like yours.
    I would also think that once they fall in love with that first least expensive uke you sell that is setup well they will likely be back for more at some point. So spending time setting those up is a good investment from a business standpoint too. That's my opinion. I think I've got 3 ukes from you..It's 2 or 3...Hm...You're my first choice when buying these days. I am someone who can do a setup, but I have found the one you do is pretty much in line with my preferences anyways, so it saves me some time. I don't have anything against some of the other good sellers, but I usually recommend you first.

My wife and I owned a guitar shop for 25 years and we set up each and every guitar and ukulele, including the budget models. Teachers and advanced players appreciated it but most beginners had no clue what a set up was. A few were even upset we dared grind the nut and saddle of a new instrument and asked for the same model sealed in a box and unadjusted! We closed the business in 2015 as Guitar Center and Amazon pretty much ate our business although we could easily match their price plus adjust the action and pickup for free.
    Last edited by gochugogi; 02-11-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Not all Kala are contracted to overseas factories. I own three Kala Elite tenors and all were made in their Petaluma, California workshop.

I have a tenor and a concert Elite, and they are superb.

This thread is closed as requested by the OP ...

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Thread Information