Hug Strap Anyone?

One size fits all because you're dealing with a strap, not an instrument. ............

Sorry, not for me. I think guitarknobs are to big, they look out of place on a ukulele.

I am nit-picking, I know, but I don't like metal buttons or visible screw buttons. Especially for my Martin tiple. It has a smaller button, appr. 10 mm which suits the uke but it's surprising bad quality. Plastic with mould marks !

But also on my other ukuleles of high quality, they deserve buttons of a suitable size in bone or wood

BUT sorry to waylay this thread, I'll stop now ;-)

Why not use this strap? It's sets the ukulele in a favorable position. The only disadvantage is you can't let go of the ukulele.

On the cheaper ones, the "hook" can be a bit too high, but I iron them down.

View attachment 125198

I heard this type actually scratch the ukulele because the metal hook needs to be inside. No?

I heard this type actually scratch the ukulele because the metal hook needs to be inside. No?

No it's plastik. That's why I write "iron it down". I melt it down. But others could be steel, I don't know.

The picture I showed, was just found on the internet but just that company "Souldier Strap" doesn't have a hook as such but they haven't answered me yet, what they have done.

Willie Nelson uses a hooked strap and Trigger doesn't seem any the worse for wear from it.

I started off with solutions like the Hug Strap and the Uke Leash (there is also the Mobius Strap). I like both products, but found the Hug Strap more comfortable (it’s wider and some are made of softer materials). Both are basically one-person operations.

I eventually sold them because I got over my fear of drilling into ukuleles to add strap buttons. I put them on all my ukuleles. I just ordered a kit of 50 more strap buttons, in fact.

I know that Melissa at the Hug Strap now makes an all-in-one strap that works as a Hug, or has ends to use with strap buttons...that’s the way to go for now, because if you change your mind, you can still use the strap.

Top Bottom