Considering new uke but is it just UAS?

Update! Today I bought a new tenor uke, an Ohana solid cedar top and laminate willow sides and back. I opted for the low G string and am very pleased with the sound. I am also pleased and surprised that I was able to buy sorta local rather than ordering and shipping. I found a very well stocked store in Nokomis called the Ukulele Place. Jeff, the owner, was great to work with and stuck with me long after closing time, since traffic jams got us there much later than planned. I could sit down and play a whole bunch of ukes and compare side by side. And Jeff played all of them for me so that I could hear from the front. It gave me a good feeling to reward the store with the purchase rather than taking advantage of the opportunity and then going off and buying on the internet. Sat down and played for quite a long time tonight when I got home, and it seems to play easier than my starter uke and I enjoy listening to the sound. It's really pretty too! I am a happy camper. And since I now have a new uke to play, I can take the risk of trying to file down the fret on the old uke to see if I can get that buzz out of there. Then I'll have a foul weather uke. If it doesn't work out, I can start saving my pennies for a new concert uke! Win -win!

Sounds like you bought from a great store, and had a wonderful buying experience.
Enjoy!

Congrats! Solid top from a reliable brand like Ohana is a good move. All solid doesn't always trump laminate, and you did the right thing by playing a bunch and finding the one you like. Hope you enjoy it for years to come... Or until your next uke!

Top Bottom