Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Nickel Tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

Default Outdoor Nickel Tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

Been a long time coming to get Outdoor on the Got A Ukulele reviews page.... but it happened...

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/02/...or-review.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Comparison video: The Outdoor has a warmth the Enya lacks. The Enya really sounds like a plastic uke. Much less richness to the sound. I own an Enya and like it, but the difference between the two is striking.
    SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE-1 • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

I thought that too - exactly the same. For me the Outdoor is richer, rounder and has loads more sustain. What's interesting are the comments on the comparison video - clear margin in favour of the sound of the Enya!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Great to hear them both side by side! I agree with Hendulele that the Outdoor is a lot warmer and fuller. The Enya Nova however has much better clarity, which is great for some styles as well. So, for fingerpicking I might prefer the thinner and cleaner sound of the Nova. However, I could not only have a Nova. It needs a warm companion. For me that is a solid mahogany VTAB FS T25 bought from Steve Kyle, who also offered a discount when I mentioned Gotaukulele!

Barry,
    On the comparison video, Enya VS Outdoor, they both seem to have nearly all mid-range output. I don't hear the lows or the highs, nothing much is coming out of the A string on either. I was expecting a lot more higher end out of both!

I do like both though; great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    Great to hear them both side by side! I agree with Hendulele that the Outdoor is a lot warmer and fuller. The Enya Nova however has much better clarity, which is great for some styles as well. So, for fingerpicking I might prefer the thinner and cleaner sound of the Nova. However, I could not only have a Nova. It needs a warm companion. For me that is a solid mahogany VTAB FS T25 bought from Steve Kyle, who also offered a discount when I mentioned Gotaukulele!
    He's a nice chap is Steve!

I'd love to see/hear you review the soprano

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    I'd love to see/hear you review the soprano
    Will try to work something out!

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Thanks for the review and comparison videos! I know which of the two I like the sound of as well. I keep putting the Outdoor Uke on my to buy list and then taking it off. We do a lot of cabin, camping, canoeing type activities and winter outdoors stuff as well. I don't want to beat up my Magic Fluke too much so maybe I should get and Outdoor Tenor......wish they had a Concert.....might have bought one of those by now....some ukes things to think about...

Nice review, as always.

Sorry to hear about the tuner change. I really like the older style that is on my Outdoor tenor.

I have both the Outdoor and the Enya Nova U. I like the Enya,and I am glad I have it. It definitely has a cool vibe. But, I like the Outdoor more than the Enya. It just feels better to play.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by actadh; 02-12-2020 at 03:43 PM.
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Zither Heaven, First Act

Thread Information