Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquila ukulele sugar strings: are there available a few haters because squeack noise?

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

Default Aquila ukulele sugar strings: are there available a few haters because squeack noise?

Hello guys,
    Mimmo of Aquilastrings here.
    After a lot of efords and failures I think to have found the solution to the squeak of the Sugar strings that affect some 50% of the uke players

May I ask -please- a few of volunteers that are real haters of the Sugar string's squeack in order to test some samples?

We have done the test on classical guitars and no problems at all.

Unfortunately I have not so many samples.
    I want real haters dudes, those that thinks that it is impossible to play due to the squeack.
    pleaase mail me to: aquila@aquilacorde.com and tell me the complete address (no piobox please) plus a pone for the mail service (and which is your forum nick name...).

I have available all high g versions of soprano, concert, tenor. No available strings for different kind of instruments ( 6, 8 string tenors, banjolele etc) and all the low G tuning.
    Maximumsample quantity: right for two kind of instruments

The test is for the sample A and for the sample B (two different version of squerckless strings: it is interesting which will be the winner)
    Mille grazie
    Mimmo
    Last edited by mimmo; 02-12-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Can I just say, I think it is really awesome that you are asking for input on these new strings directly from the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    Can I just say, I think it is really awesome that you are asking for input on these new strings directly from the community.
    Let me second this. I love that you are continuing to tweak and work on different strings, and I love that you are asking for input directly from the community.
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

I'm in, email sent
    John

Me too, email sent. Thank you!
    SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE-1 • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

Hello guys
    I have reached a good quantity of sugar string haters !
    Thank you very much
    I must stop. Very good response dudes !
    Mimmo
    Ps I enjoy a lot about your support
    Last edited by mimmo; 02-12-2020 at 05:10 AM.

I am in too, email sent. Thanks.

Damn, missed the boat! I won't use the squeaky sugars so I hope the experiment is a success as I liked them otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by mimmo View Post
    Hello guys
    I have reached a good quantity of sugar string haters !
    Thank you very much
    I must stop. Very good response dudes !
    Mimmo
    Ps I enjoy a lot about your support
    I am impressed. Took about 90 minutes (before I even was awake) for all those haters to surface. Not sure if that is a measure of success by itself!

Good luck with the test Mimmo.

I count myself as one of the people who stopped using the strings because of the squeaks. It drove me nuts, and never went away completely. Though they were much less noticeable after a month.

I liked the sound very much otherwise.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information