Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Aquila ukulele sugar strings: are there available a few haters because squeack noise?

Quote Originally Posted by jkib View Post
    I'm been using some of the 1st & 2nd gen sugars and have always liked the way they sound, especially on a couple of my laminates that really makes them shine. I would like to know if the package has changed in any way so as to identify this 3rd gen?
    Tx
    jfk
    As far as I know, the new 3rd gen have not actually be released yet. I was sent mine as a "beta tester", and they were just in a plain plastic sleeve.
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Quote Originally Posted by jkib View Post
    I'm been using some of the 1st & 2nd gen sugars and have always liked the way they sound, especially on a couple of my laminates that really makes them shine. I would like to know if the package has changed in any way so as to identify this 3rd gen?
    Tx
    jfk
    Here's Mimmo's answer from a few pages back:

Quote Originally Posted by mimmo View Post
    well, I will add on the envelope a small gold or yellow star written: 'squeckless'.
    So will be iImpossible to confond the new ones with the old version.
    However before to go ahead I wait the verdict of all the Sugar string haters!
    Take care
    Mimmo
    Stevia ? ja, in my cappucino dude...
    Glenn

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

hello guys,
    here is how will look the Sugar set (this example is for classical guitar)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mimmo; 04-05-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Any thoughts on when they may arrive in stores?

when.... Aquila is closed due coronavirus problem that is around our villages and houses. Almost all the factory are closed and we all are closed in our houses since 1 month. We suppose another month in our houses. Nobody here in Italy knows when we can re -open. Not possible any prevision not only for stores but also if Aquila will survive after this disaster. Of course we will do our best: never ever give up.
    sorry
    Mimmo
    Last edited by mimmo; 04-05-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mimmo View Post
    when.... Aquila is closed due coronavirus problem that is around our villages and houses. Almost all the factory are closed and we all are closed in our houses since 1 month. We suppose another month in our houses. Nobody here in Italy knows when we can re -open. Not possible any prevision not only for stores but also if Aquila will survive after this disaster. Of course we will do our best: never ever give up.
    sorry
    Mimmo
    Yes, so sorry to hear. I hope you stay healthy and that Aquila will survive. I know the situation is very tough there, although not so good here in the US either. Best wishes.

Best of luck to you Mimmo. We all hope you will be able to hang on and come back stronger than ever.

You have people here pulling for you and willing to help if we can.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

That's Sad news indeed, First and foremost, i trust that you are keeping well Mimmo, here in Spain we are approaching our 4th week of a very tight and strict lockdown with fines for disobedience of up to 60,000€, (yup sixty thousand) and they are being imposed. So i understand what you are going through as i am sure do many others in a very similar situation...Stay safe my friend and lets hope it will all be resolved very soon. Lets hope that the strength and resolve will see us all through and the economy will bounce back. Playing the Uke would not be the same experience for me without Aquila's. I look forward to the new strings becoming available in the stores. Best regards to all and stay safe.

Well,
    right now we are making (at no cost) the 3d printer PLA monofilament so, in the hospitals or elsewere, they can make that special device for those modified masks for oxygen treatment of the Coronavirus patients in the northern Italy hospitals. We are located in Northen Italy.
    This is what what doing right now. No ukulele strings for this time with this extruder plant.
    I have converted it for this job (and it is a great job, believe me). We have to do 150 Kg (this is the quantity to produce, more or less, 20,000 pieces of these devices: I suspect that they are also for other EU countries)
    Sorry guys (but we have a good stock)

Mimmo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mimmo; 04-07-2020 at 04:56 AM.

Wishing you the best in all this, Mimmo! I do hope that Aquilastrings is able to come through, hopefully stronger than ever. I know that there are a lot of fans of your strings, not just here in the forums, but all over the world.

And thank you for what you are doing now, helping the efforts with the monofilament. People like you are how we, all humanity, will get through this difficult time.

Stay safe!
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Thread Information