Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Condolences for a dear UU friend

@ Nickie - thank you for creating this thread and for your kind words. This is a very rough time for me right now and I deeply appreciate your support.

My sisters and I are planning her funeral and memorial service as per Jewish tradition, and will be holding Shiva starting Monday next week.

As such I am not sure I will have time to reply individually to everyone here who has made a kind and thoughtful comment, but please do know that I am honored that you have all acknowledged this event, and offered support for me here now.

Right now your words and thoughts are very meaningful to help me carry this burden of loss and move forward.

I would like to thank all of you for taking the time so say something here, and also offer a thank you to those who have contacted me directly either via PM or via email if I have not done so already. The past few days have been a blur and I wish not to exclude anyone from receiving my gratitude for their thoughts and actions.

I hope to return to active participation here on UU at some point in the future, but right now am unable to make any specific commitments at this time.

Mahalo and Peace, to all
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Brother Booli you know you are loved and respected here. Our thoughts prayers and well wishes are with you always. Stay well my friend
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thanks everyone!
    I was able to speak with Booli at length today, and he sounded in a much better mood, things seemed to be going along in a normal pattern.
    He's an intelligent guy, and has a great support system with him.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

how terrible. It certainly is a difficult time when something drastic happens to either your parents or your children so I empathize. My heart goes out to him and his family.
    Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

IG: @harmonysssmurf
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFt..._as=subscriber
    FB: Kelly Letourneau
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/stargazer-smurf

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

Hello Booli
    Just the other day I thought to myself , you used to send me email from time to time but I have not heard from you in a long long time. I remember you were always busy taking care of your mom. This must be a very difficult time!
    Hope that knowing you are surrounded with friends who miss you on UU would brings some sunshine to your days!
    Come home soon!
    Sincere condolences from Brenda

I spoke with Booli again. He's doing quite well, finally getting some rest. He got his driver's license renewed, so he has ID now, and can drive the car.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

so sorry to hear this, sending love and thoughts
    lynda

acid skiffle

My deepest sympathy to Booli and his family on the loss of his mother.

May you find the light and strength to move forwards in time and as needed
    -Joe......Have uke, will travel...

Peace to you and your family, Booli.
    SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE1 (Olympian label) • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Sorry for your loss, Booli.
    Sopranos: Martin 0XK, Gretsch G9100
    Concerts: Ibanez UEWT5E, Breedlove Pursuit
    Tenors: Kala KA-SRT-CTG-E (Kala Solid Cedar top Rosewood), Cordoba tenor 20TM-CE
    Basses: too many!

Thread Information