Condolences for a dear UU friend

Nickie

Reaction score
Dear UU family,
Last night, the beloved Mother of our dear, sweet friend and musician Booli made her peaceful transition to the next life.
Please feel free to give your blessing, prayer, condolences, well wishes here, or possibly in a PM to Booli.
Thank you.

My condolences as well my friend. Hope you're back soon.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Booli, I appreciate all you have done for our UU community/Ohana!

will be keeping you in prayer during this time.

Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing Booli. We all go through it, and it is awful. Try not to dwell on your loss, but on the time you had together. Thankfully time heals.

Condolences Booli. May your mother rest in peace now. Thank you Nicki for letting us know.

Sending prayers your way as you navigate this difficult time, Booli.

@ Nickie - thank you for creating this thread and for your kind words. This is a very rough time for me right now and I deeply appreciate your support.

My sisters and I are planning her funeral and memorial service as per Jewish tradition, and will be holding Shiva starting Monday next week.

As such I am not sure I will have time to reply individually to everyone here who has made a kind and thoughtful comment, but please do know that I am honored that you have all acknowledged this event, and offered support for me here now.

Right now your words and thoughts are very meaningful to help me carry this burden of loss and move forward.

I would like to thank all of you for taking the time so say something here, and also offer a thank you to those who have contacted me directly either via PM or via email if I have not done so already. The past few days have been a blur and I wish not to exclude anyone from receiving my gratitude for their thoughts and actions.

I hope to return to active participation here on UU at some point in the future, but right now am unable to make any specific commitments at this time.

Mahalo and Peace, to all :)

Brother Booli you know you are loved and respected here. Our thoughts prayers and well wishes are with you always. Stay well my friend

Thanks everyone!
I was able to speak with Booli at length today, and he sounded in a much better mood, things seemed to be going along in a normal pattern.
He's an intelligent guy, and has a great support system with him.

how terrible. :( It certainly is a difficult time when something drastic happens to either your parents or your children so I empathize. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Hello Booli
Just the other day I thought to myself , you used to send me email from time to time but I have not heard from you in a long long time. I remember you were always busy taking care of your mom. This must be a very difficult time!
Hope that knowing you are surrounded with friends who miss you on UU would brings some sunshine to your days!
Come home soon!
Sincere condolences from Brenda

I spoke with Booli again. He's doing quite well, finally getting some rest. He got his driver's license renewed, so he has ID now, and can drive the car.

My deepest sympathy to Booli and his family on the loss of his mother.

May you find the light and strength to move forwards in time and as needed :)

Peace to you and your family, Booli.

Sorry for your loss, Booli.

Top Bottom