Gibson ETU electric Tenor Ukulele - such a rare bird??

Reaction score
I was in the lucky position to buy a Gibson ETU-1 electric tenor Ukulele.
So it is hard to get informations about vintage ukes here in germany. I am looking for this model at different internet pages, and alway get the same information:
- bulid between 1949-1953
- only 88 were made!

I can´t believe, that only 88 were made. Is this a true fact, or is this a "copy and paste" information, which goes around?
So, when only 88 were made, how is it possible to get one? I found two or three Advertisements (around 2500$).
And what about the ETU-3? And I read something about a vintage concert size gibson electric Ukulele.
So what do you think about this special electric uke? Are the informations true? Is there a serious source for the number of 88?
Best regards to everybody

Here are two shots on Reverb, the ETU-1, $1000 US, and the ETU-3, $7000 US.

Gibson ETU-1$1000.jpg

Gibson ET-U 3 $7000 .jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Oh there are 2 Gibson ETU to sell? Hard to believe, that only 88 where made? How many are still alive Today from 88?
7000 is a lot of money. Wow, but this price isn't for real.

Top Bottom