Brüko Walnut Soprano follow up review with new strings

bazmaz

Reaction score
I agree the difference isn't very big but the Martins do have a slightly nicer and fuller chime to them, imo. And what I can definitely agree on is that they feel so much better than the Pyramids.

Funnily enough, when tuned to D tuning, the Pyramids don't feel floppy, but because the gauge seems to be bigger than other fluorocarbons I've used to, they actually feel too stiff for me. Although, it could be just the sticky feel of them which is exacerbate by tuning them up to ADF#B, who knows. I decided to try them on my banjo uke because I want to have it tuned to D tuning. They definitely sound better than the D'Addario nylons I had on it but still, the feel of the Pyramids is the real issue. No good, need to try something else.

Wow, you have been working overtime this week!

Thanks for the comparison. The Martins do seem to have a little more depth and with a little more ring.

Wow, you have been working overtime this week!

Thanks for the comparison. The Martins do seem to have a little more depth and with a little more ring.

Was getting overloaded and about to drop a ball and risk letting someone down. Had to bite the bullet!

Top Bottom