Not open for further replies.

Melodious Thunk

Reaction score
FS: From Lute To Uke: Early Music For Ukulele (Book/CD Package) [NEW] SOLD

SOLD

From Lute To Uke: Early Music For Ukulele (Book/CD Package) [NEW]
By: Tony Mizen
$17.99 includes CONUS shipping!

From Lute to Uke: Early Music for Ukulele is a collection of 24 pieces of early lute music brilliantly arranged for the ukulele by classical guitarist and uke player, Tony Mizen. All arrangements are for GCEA-tuning and include ukulele tablature as well as music notation. A CD is included with delightful performances of all the arrangements by Mr. Mizen, which is enjoyable listening all by itself. Also featured is a brief history of the lute and each of the individual pieces. A Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Songbook.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
I have this book and super recommend it :)

Whatever style of music you are used to playing (unless you already play early lute music), I guarantee this will sound completely new and it kind of makes your uke sound like a different instrument!

I am also a fan of the book.
Playing at least 18 pieces from the collection is one of my learning goals this year. The first 10 or so are not too difficult, though I should slow them down to learn them properly.
I made good progress when I got my Enya Nova. The stretch on a concert makes some of the fingerings easier than on my tenor.

so CHORDS are displayed also?
Don

I am not sure. I would think that the chords would be notated. I doubt that there would be grids. The book is already packed for shipping. Maybe someone else could answer?

For what it's worth, I just looked it up, the book does not include chords. This is absolutely correct, because for this kind of music, chords are completely irrelevant. What you need is the (normal) notes plus the tabs. This is not music for a strumming group to jam along. :)

Here is the first piece of the book performed by some fellow uker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BIb6bKL8w&list=PLgCKcizQ5_CsLBkVlBc2FwJw2_1TWVImj

Perep, that’s pretty much what’s in the book in question (chord-melody arrangements).

can read music & play notes but NEED chords with it. I have to have the music in front of me. I CANNOT do tabs, nor would I want to. Thanks anyway
Don

can read music & play notes but NEED chords with it. I have to have the music in front of me. I CANNOT do tabs, nor would I want to. Thanks anyway
Don

If you look at the example page that I provided, you'll see that the chords are notated with music notation.

Inked1_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom