Klos is rocking my socks off!

fretie

Reaction score
Gotta Klos at our fab Canadian Klos dealer, Westcoast Guitars in Vancouver. Hah, first time I bought a uke in a store let alone a guitar store but it was actually an awesome experience.
The uke totally exceeds my expectations! Constructions is flawless, the uke is beautifully made and very balanced. Fretboard is in the Mya Moe range and the setup was outstanding.
This uke is such fun to play! The carbon fibre tenor projects evenly with good sustain and has a fine balanced tone.
I got this instrument to take with me when I travel however I can see it becoming a popular choice for taking to uke circles as well as to the two ensembles I play in, yes, it’s that’s good.

I have now switched out the D’addario nylon strings for Oasis flurocarbon. An improvement that has this ukulele singing with increased sustain and easier on the fingers too!

Did you not also, get that Canadian made carbon fibre tenor from Ontario of am I mistaken! If so , how do they compare?

I reviewed one of their original models (carbon fibre bodies, wooden necks). Pleased to also report that i will be looking at one of their full CF models in a few weeks

Did you not also, get that Canadian made carbon fibre tenor from Ontario of am I mistaken! If so , how do they compare?

Yes indeed, I did get one of the Canadian made carbon fibre ukes a few weeks ago and I was able to give it a good ‘test drive’. There were many good aspects to the build however the fretboard still needed to be refined which I am sure will be the case in future builds.

The Klos by comparison, and probably due to a much longer time period from the early builds until now, has an impeccable build plus a perfectly set up fretboard. No sharp fret ends, no high frets, a practical nut with smooth sides and excellent action resulting a great playability, no buzzing and excellent intonation.

I reviewed one of their original models (carbon fibre bodies, wooden necks). Pleased to also report that i will be looking at one of their full CF models in a few weeks

Hey Barry, I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the all cf build. I don’t mind having the brazilian cherry fretboard and walnut saddle and appreciate the correspondingly lower price than all cf. However I applaud Klos for going all cf as there are many contexts where having a 100% non wood uke makes lots of sense.

I absolutely love my KLOS. It is easily worth twice the price IMO. The workmanship is superb. I can shred on this thing, I can play fingerstyle, and everthing in between. The Fishman Kula pickup is really nice. Personally, I like the original strings. But, I did switch "C" string out. Nice hearing another KLOS owner having a ball with it.

Top Bottom