Season 418: The Way We Were

kolibri

out of tune
UU VIP
Reaction score
Welcome to Season 418!

As some of you already guessed, this Season's theme is memories. Happy or sad, your own or somebody else's - lets hear them.

Original songs, instrumentals and collaborations are all welcome. I would love to see current Seasonistas, the Seasonistas from the past and new Seasonistas joining in.

Song limit: One song per day or 8 songs per Season.

This is a recycled theme because in 2013, there was Season 79 about memories hosted by DougF - well worth remembering.

- The Season 418 starts Sunday, February 16 at 00:00 Hawaii time and ends Sunday, February 23 at 12 PM Hawaii time.
- Please mention in the video that it's for Season 418.
- Multi tracking and other instruments are fine.
- Prizes will be small items, made of Finnish plywood.

I'll put my comments on YouTube and don't duplicate them here.

Please note that the fine Original Favourite Country Shorts Season 417 is still ongoing.

Happy strumming, singing and picking!

Playlist

Hello, Ylle! Great idea for the week, but can you just elaborate. Do you mean songs which evoke personal memories, whatever they might be about, or songs that have "memories/remembering etc." in the title or lyrics? (Sorry, I am probably being more than normally dense ... or pedantic!)

great theme! all i can think about right now is the film, which i absolutely adore, so i must pull myself together, stop dreaming of robert redford and barbra streisand, and get uke-ing!

Thanks Ylle. Lots of good songs. I've always liked this. Charles Aznavour. And many others.

Ahoy. I say 417 in this but I mean 418... I misread the season title.
Here is some Wu fo you.

Hello, Ylle! I think I have covered all bases with this song ... it's a song about remembering, which I remember vividly from a roundabout/carousel ride as a child; the exhilaration of the ride with Frank Ifield's accompaniment was something I've never forgotten. (P.S. No yodelling here, as I can't!)

Fats Waller song, and remembering teaching my children to ride a bike
And seeing the grandkids learning as well. I remember Noa driving along
A pathway where the potholes were filled with rainwater. The wheels of his
Stabalisers landed on opposite sides of a pothole so that the back wheel was
In the water but not touching the ground, so that when he pedeled the back
Wheel spun around and sprayed water everywhere. He thought it fun. I did
Not cos I was the one who got soaked.

Last edited:
Season 418 has got a good start. It's rainy and stormy today in Finland, but it's nice to stay indoors and listen to the music. Thank you for the first terrific songs!

I saw this song in my list of "Remember/Memory " songs, and it did indeed bring back some long forgotten memories. I can remember watching the film clip of this on TV, at a time when I was pretty keen on the Bee Gees stuff, and this was a foray into a bit of country
I remembered them paddling a boat down a waterway, with lots of foliage in the foreground. I've just had a look on youtube, and my memory of it is pretty damn good. Of course, I saw it in B&W, not the colour youtube version.

Heres one from the Black Keys, from one of my favourite albums, Attack and Release. They did an acoustic, slow version of the song on "side A" of the album, and a plugged in rocking "Side B" version.

This one is neither of those, but is influenced by both so we'll call it Side C

Here's another from me. This one's from :bowdown: Chris Cornell. There is no-one can sing like he could, but I have made a vague approximation of it by the end of the vid.

Is there a song limit Ylle? I have lots of stuff I wanna do and lots of time to do it in...

Top Bottom