Season 418: The Way We Were

As mentioned in the vid, I was the super lucky seasonista to win that beautiful ukulele from season 79 courtesy of Doug Frink. Here's a tune that holds some memories of the seasons for me. Also seems like a good tune as I'm on the cusp of turing 50. Yee haw

An original song for the season written by Jon Duncan called "River" He described the writing process as "made up on the fly". As such, I gave it a listen and just let my lead and vocal parts rip in an improvisational manner. It was inspired by some songs we have covered in the past, and at 5 minutes qualifies as a bit of an epic :) Thanks for hosting Ylle and for the great theme. cheers ~

'Memories' Probably one of my top 3 favourite love songs covered by Elvis...…………

Last edited:
"Remember", written by Harry Nillson, and later covered by Randy Newman on piano, whose version I followed. All the chord charts I found were in E, with rocket-science chords I couldn't handle physically. I had a bear of a time transposing to C, gave up a couple of times, and still not sure I got it quite right. I found it a challenging song, not my usual 3-chord wonder. Also, my geezer hands were not cooperating today, fighting me on usually easy chords like Gm and D :confused:, so it's kinda rough. Thankfully it's only 2 minutes long. The skinny-nut Kmise uke wasn't helping either, I need a wide nut K-brand, ha ha. Oh, BTW, I felt like Tiny Tim on my first and only falsetto parts here :D This one really seems to go from low to high quite a bit.

Last edited:
Hello again, good Seasonistas! I've enjoyed listening to your recent songs and added them to the playlist, so it's updated now. There are still several hours left before Season 418 ends. If you have some sweet or bittersweet nostalgic songs for "memories" Season, they are very welcome. And after that we'll all gonna cry with new Season 419, which has got a fine and tearful start.

I will just squeeze a song in before the deadline.

It doesn't have the word memories in the title, but the theme seems pretty much on to me.

I just found a late-1920s Gibson on eBay that was priced very nicely and is in great shape (lousy strings, but easily fixed). So let’s christen it’s with this early post-Beatles Ringo/George hit:

Sneaking one last one in before the deadline. I discovered this song yesterday on a journey down the youtube rabbit hole. Both Jon and I fell in love with it instantly. Classic spontaneous feel we often get on our collaborations due to using a lot of first takes and going for feel over perfection. Thanks again for a great week Ylle ~

Season 418 is now finished. Thank you all! I'll update the playlist in a couple of hours and submit a wrap later this week.

Thanks for this Season, Ylle. I didn't do this song because I did it for a previous Season. But this is one of my favorite videos of all time -- it's a song called "Memories" by the band that Eisley was named after.

Season 418 wrap

Hello, here is a wrap of Season 418:

A fine, memorable week. There were altogether 54 songs from 31 Seasonistas.

Winners:
- Yazuke (Lynda and Del). One of their songs is here
- Mezcalero and mountain goat (Kevin and Jon). Several great performances, Jon's original here
- DonnaLele (Corinna): "Memories"

Thank you all again for playing the songs, for commenting and for listening to other Seasonistas' songs. See you at the Season 419!

Thanks so much Ylle - really appreciate it! And well done everyone! :)

Thanks again for a great season, and for the kind words Ylle! So many great songs and performances this week! Congrats to Del/Lynda/Yazukes, I loved everything about "All Good Things". And congrats to DonnaLele as well for the lovely, heartfelt performance of Memories!

Top Bottom