Season 418: The Way We Were

Hi Ryan. Limit is 8 songs per Season, so please bring your songs.

An attempt at covering a nine-piece monster band..

Last edited:
This paoriginal is about lack of memories

my son was going on holiday and he loaned me his car. I drove it into
and underground car park at a local shopping center. After shopping
I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the car keys for MY CAR
and started pressing the button to make the indicator lights flash.
Nothing my car was was not to be found anywhere. I decided it had been
stolen and that I should call the police. putting my hand in my pocket to
get my phone I then discover the keys for my son's car, and realise it was
his car I had been driving. The mind plays funny tricks on you sometimes.

Regret is probably the worst type of memory to deal with. This is a Darrel Scott song WORLD OF WONDER.

Hello again, Ylle! A very distant memory this ... the first programme I ever remember watching on television; in all its flickering black and white glory. With hindsight, I find it really difficult to imagine what marvellous, death-defying feats of resourcefulness could have been performed by a horse ... was he, somehow, a sort of equine Lassie? I was apparently fixated on Westerns, later transferring my allegiance to "The Lone Ranger", before remembering my English roots and giving my undying affection to "Robin Hood".

Last edited:
Heres one that has kicked my arse, as Queens of the Stone Age often do. Along with the fact it has Memory in the title, I blasted the album it's from, Like Clockwork, A LOT in my first flat after moving out of my dad's place so lots of memories there.

Despite my smart speaker letting me know my lunch was done and me having to cancel the timer mid-solo, this is the best take I could muster.

my son was going on holiday and he loaned me his car. I drove it into
and underground car park at a local shopping center. After shopping
I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the car keys for MY CAR
and started pressing the button to make the indicator lights flash.
Nothing my car was was not to be found anywhere. I decided it had been
stolen and that I should call the police. putting my hand in my pocket to
get my phone I then discover the keys for my son's car, and realise it was
his car I had been driving. The mind plays funny tricks on you sometimes.

And then, of course, there is the parking the car in a multi-storey car park and forgetting not only which row it's in but which floor it's on!

Good day or good evening, dear Seasonistas! The playlist is now up to date and I've really enjoyed your songs about memories, remembering and forgetting.
There are several fine originals on the playlist, for example Wim (xommen) submitted "Memory of My Brother". And there are several fine covers as well. If you already haven't, check out Christopher's (Yukio) "September".

Thank you all so much! Let's bring back memories and make new memories. :)

Sometimes you fail to make good differences before it's too late and this song originally recorded by Mike & the Mechanics is about looking back and regretting that you didn't make up when you had a chance. It doesn't reflect my relationship with my own Father which was very good, though we had our times when I was in my teens & early twenties. It happened to someone I knew though, who had a massive row with her Father who then died suddenly before she could make up with him.

The video is shots taken from the Glacier Express in Switzerland. The Glacier express runs between St. Moritz and Zermatt across the Southern Swiss Alps. We just covered the central section from Chur to Brig on the Glacier Express proper but during our holiday covered the whole route. It's a fabulous journey through spectacular country.

For Doug's memory Season way back when, I played a few songs about personal memories, so this time around, I'm going for societal memory a.k.a. history.

Asian Dub Foundation wrote this punk/reggae/hip hop song about memory, history, power, truth, propaganda, nostalgia, etc.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. I heard Darrell Scott sing this and I have been listening to his songs all week. Great guitarist and singer.

Last edited:
We want to thank Abu GarSia Duncan and Deano for this song and video. Thanks for watching. Hope you guys enjoy it! And thanks for hosting Ylle!

I hope this song "In Memoriam" - which is a tribute to a friend who died in the the recent "Storm Gloria" that wreaked havoc on Catalonia and Valencia a few weeks back - will be considered "memory based" enough to qualify for the theme. Remembering back to the incident and writing this song has certainly helped my grieving process.

I wrote it last week for a Skirmish (a songwriting challenge in which you have one hour to write a song, record it and upload it to the FAWM Site). At the time I didn't have time to write the Bridge that I thought it needed to break any potential monotony. So I revisited it later when I saw the theme for this Season and wrote the Bridge. Then recorded it with two instruments (Tenor & Baritone) and added background vocals on the Bridges.

It is dedicated to the memory of our friend Jaume Teixé, who was a loving husband and father, a hard working baker supplying a large rural community and a socially committed activist who served on his local Town Council as a Councillor. R.I.P old friend.

Here's one I did this morning but forgot to post. As well as forget in the title, it's the iconic song from a band I will always have fond memories of, because they've soundtracked countless road trips with my dad, and we've been to see them together a couple times too.

Top Bottom