Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 418: The Way We Were

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    And then, of course, there is the parking the car in a multi-storey car park and forgetting not only which row it's in but which floor it's on!
    Been there done that.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Good day or good evening, dear Seasonistas! The playlist is now up to date and I've really enjoyed your songs about memories, remembering and forgetting.
    There are several fine originals on the playlist, for example Wim (xommen) submitted "Memory of My Brother". And there are several fine covers as well. If you already haven't, check out Christopher's (Yukio) "September".

Thank you all so much! Let's bring back memories and make new memories.

Memories (Can't Wait) by Talking Heads
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

Sometimes you fail to make good differences before it's too late and this song originally recorded by Mike & the Mechanics is about looking back and regretting that you didn't make up when you had a chance. It doesn't reflect my relationship with my own Father which was very good, though we had our times when I was in my teens & early twenties. It happened to someone I knew though, who had a massive row with her Father who then died suddenly before she could make up with him.

The video is shots taken from the Glacier Express in Switzerland. The Glacier express runs between St. Moritz and Zermatt across the Southern Swiss Alps. We just covered the central section from Chur to Brig on the Glacier Express proper but during our holiday covered the whole route. It's a fabulous journey through spectacular country.

Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

For Doug's memory Season way back when, I played a few songs about personal memories, so this time around, I'm going for societal memory a.k.a. history.

Asian Dub Foundation wrote this punk/reggae/hip hop song about memory, history, power, truth, propaganda, nostalgia, etc.

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. I heard Darrell Scott sing this and I have been listening to his songs all week. Great guitarist and singer.
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 02-20-2020 at 04:40 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

We want to thank Abu GarSia Duncan and Deano for this song and video. Thanks for watching. Hope you guys enjoy it! And thanks for hosting Ylle!

I hope this song "In Memoriam" - which is a tribute to a friend who died in the the recent "Storm Gloria" that wreaked havoc on Catalonia and Valencia a few weeks back - will be considered "memory based" enough to qualify for the theme. Remembering back to the incident and writing this song has certainly helped my grieving process.

I wrote it last week for a Skirmish (a songwriting challenge in which you have one hour to write a song, record it and upload it to the FAWM Site). At the time I didn't have time to write the Bridge that I thought it needed to break any potential monotony. So I revisited it later when I saw the theme for this Season and wrote the Bridge. Then recorded it with two instruments (Tenor & Baritone) and added background vocals on the Bridges.

It is dedicated to the memory of our friend Jaume Teixé, who was a loving husband and father, a hard working baker supplying a large rural community and a socially committed activist who served on his local Town Council as a Councillor. R.I.P old friend.

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Here's one I did this morning but forgot to post. As well as forget in the title, it's the iconic song from a band I will always have fond memories of, because they've soundtracked countless road trips with my dad, and we've been to see them together a couple times too.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Thread Information