Romero Koa XS Soprano

Jerryc41

Reaction score
It's too bad Romero stopped making the XS Soprano. They seem to introduce something new, make a few, and then stop production. I have a spruce/koa model, and it's very nice - easy to hold and play, and it sounds great.

A friend has a beautiful all solid koa version, and she's thinking of selling it. You don't see many of them around, especially with the Gotoh tuners. I wonder if there would be much demand for that.

It's too bad Romero stopped making the XS Soprano. They seem to introduce something new, make a few, and then stop production. I have a spruce/koa model, and it's very nice - easy to hold and play, and it sounds great.

A friend has a beautiful all solid koa version, and she's thinking of selling it. You don't see many of them around, especially with the Gotoh tuners. I wonder if there would be much demand for that.

They're pretty cool little ukes. I tried one once but it wasn't what I was looking for at the time so I missed out. I didn't know there was a UPT option. I'm surprised there's room for UPTs on that tiny headstock. Should be quite the sleek look though.

I love my XS! One of my favorite uses. Mine is the spalted mango, so it has a great look (sound too). I have very small hands and wanted a low g soprano. The good folks on this board recommended the XS, and they were right. So, yes, I think there is a demand, and I think it would sell at a reasonable price.

They're pretty cool little ukes. I tried one once but it wasn't what I was looking for at the time so I missed out. I didn't know there was a UPT option. I'm surprised there's room for UPTs on that tiny headstock. Should be quite the sleek look though.

The Gotohs were added by the previous owner, and I put them on mine, too - much nicer look. I don't have a picture with them, though. I'll have to correct that.

The XS soprano (including the koa model) is still on the Romero Creations website, and Uke Republic has a mahogany one in stock.

How do you know that the XS Romero models are no longer being made? From what I've seen, they just have a rather small output, and are sharing it among so many different models now that not all of them will be in stock at all times.

My XS soprano is my go-to uke for playing softly at night with a low G setup.

How do you know that the XS Romero models are no longer being made? From what I've seen, they just have a rather small output, and are sharing it among so many different models now that not all of them will be in stock at all times.

My XS soprano is my go-to uke for playing softly at night with a low G setup.

I think you're right about that. Because they make so many models, they turn out small numbers of each, and they can't have a dozen in every music store. They make beautiful, unique ukuleles, and I'm glad I have two, the TT and the XS. The koa and spalted are amazing! But so are the prices. : )

If your friend decides to sell, let me know.

Top Bottom