Glyph Ukulele Value?

jbone

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been a longtime reader of this forum, but haven't posted in years. In fact, I didn't even remember my username and had to create a new one.

The reason for my post is that I have a Glyph ukulele that I ordered from Dave in 2008 a short time before he stopped taking orders. I finally received it in 2014 and I believe it was one of the last that he made from the backlog that he accumulated. It's a great uke! It is basically a Martin Style 1 replica with a few differences. it plays and sounds fantastic. It developed a crack in the soundboard a few years ago that has been professionally repaired.

Unfortunately, I just don't play any of my ukes any more and I'm thinking about selling it. The problem is, I have no idea how much these are worth these days since I can't find any listings for them anywhere.

I'm looking for recommendations as to how to go about selling it without drastically over-valuing or under-valuing. If it's worth a lot less than I paid for it, I'll probably just keep it.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions. And sorry for the long post!

-Jay

IMG_4418.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg

Just my opinion, but I would expect the typical 25-30% discount typical of used ukes, perhaps a little more with the repair which will reduce the value for many buyers. Again, just one opinion

Glyphs are pretty scarce and were very sought after a while back. But the repaired crack does decrease desirability. I’d estimate it’s value at $1000 or more, IMHO.

Jim, thanks so much for your reply. I do understand the 25-30% discount (or more) on currently available instruments. Just wasn't sure about how it worked with sought after instruments that are no longer available (assuming Glyph ukes are still sought after).

thanks again!

Doc_J, Thanks for the reply. That's about the ballpark that I was thinking to start, but really had no data to base it on. Thanks again!

jbone, I hope your uke finds a new permanent home!
If not, I hope you start playing it again!

Jim, thanks so much for your reply. I do understand the 25-30% discount (or more) on currently available instruments. Just wasn't sure about how it worked with sought after instruments that are no longer available (assuming Glyph ukes are still sought after).

thanks again!

Better to start too high than to begin with a price that's too low. With no reference, it tough to set a price. Of course, it depends on who wants it and how badly he wants it at the time you're selling.

Thanks everyone for the replies/suggestions. I guess I'll just put it on Reverb and see if I get any offers.

Thanks Again!

Top Bottom